2011 F150 5.0 best UOA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 2011 F150 5.0. Wondering what the best motor oil to use is. I'm assuming sticking to a synthetic would be best. And I know everyone has there own preferences but With all the UOA out there must be some sort of pattern for which oil is giving the best UOA results?

There are tons of great oils. Why dont you tell us a bit more about your truck? What have you used in it til now, what mileage do you have on it, city/hwy driving. The more variables you provide the better the advice! Welcome to BITOG
smile.gif

Try the search for UOA's

I have 163000 km I only did couple oil changes motomaster formula 1 synthetic 5w20. Whoever had truck befor me did it st the dealerso assuming motocraft semi synthetic I did oil change every 7k. I do quite a bit of highway but some in town too and come hunting season will be doing some slow driving on old dirt roads winters I live in canada so cold weather. And heavy salted roads. About all I can say I guess I hear mobile 1 synthetic is good don't mind paying more if I actually know it performs better.

Originally Posted By: Willisja55
I have 2011 F150 5.0. Wondering what the best motor oil to use is. I'm assuming sticking to a synthetic would be best. And I know everyone has there own preferences but With all the UOA out there must be some sort of pattern for which oil is giving the best UOA results?

Please read this to get an idea as to why that train of thought doesn't work:

https://bobistheoilguy.com/used-oil-analysis/

I would stick to Motorcraft or Mobil 1, Castrol, Shell, even Valvoline. If you tow a lot maybe Chevron Delo? Either way you can't go wrong. I prefer Mobil 1

https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4478930/Re:_Schaeffer_9000_5w30,_9100_#Post4478930

Nearly impossible for any one person to be able to accurately define what is "best" for your situation.

However the good news is that there are a great many products (meeting the Ford spec for your Coy) that will do a great job. The 5.0L wears very well and does not really what oil is used as long as it qualified for the job.

I use Motorcraft synthetic blend 5W-20 in my 2014 Mustang GT and so does my fiancee's son in his 2014 F150. He has about 110,000 miles on this truck using this oil at 10,000 mile OCI's or close to it since he goes by the OLM. Truck still runs great and quiet.

My fiancee just bought a 2017 F150 with the 5.0 in it and plans on running the same oil in it.

Anything meeting Ford's oil specs for this engine would be fine.

Wayne

For a Ford F-150 requiring 5W20, and Possibly the Ford WSS Spec(check your owners manual) the first choice would be Motorcraft 5W20. If priced similar or better, Mobil 1 0W20 Advanced Fuel Economy would be an excellent oil. I wouldn’t hesitate to use Castrol Edge, Castrol Magnatec or Amsoil in 5W20 or 0W20 in your application.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back