People who install Android OTA

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're rooted, use Titanium Backup Pro.

If you don't run root, you can go to the Play store and do everything one at a time or remotely install them from your computer's Chrome browser.

Why would that be necessary? Android OTA upgrades are just that...upgrades.

My Nexus 5X is on Oreo now and the upgrade went flawlessly. Nothing had to be reinstalled.

Originally Posted By: Reddy45
Why would that be necessary? Android OTA upgrades are just that...upgrades.

My Nexus 5X is on Oreo now and the upgrade went flawlessly. Nothing had to be reinstalled.

I didn't think about that. If it's a normal, approved OTA then he'll be fine.

I forget not everyone has fallen down the Android rabbit hole.

Same with Oreo on our two Pixels.

However, there where quite a few apps updates pushed out after the fact.

Originally Posted By: Reddy45

I just upgraded my 5X to Oreo as well.

Things are fine except that now I have this extra system icon in the top notification bar telling me that some apps are running in the background. I really don't care, but I can't seem to find a way to get rid of this notification.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
except that now I have this extra system icon in the top notification bar telling me that some apps are running in the background. I really don't care, but I can't seem to find a way to get rid of this notification.

So, apparently there is no way to suppress these "App is Running in the Background" notifications in Oreo, unless you are rooted or you install a third party app that hides it. Sucks....

https://www.howtogeek.com/325083/how-to-...n-android-oreo/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back