Mobil Delvac 1 ATF vs Mobil 1 ATF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y_K

I came into possession of Mobil Delvac 1 ATF barrel and am wondering as to whether I could use it in place of Mobil 1 ATF that I have been using for years in panthers calling for Mercon V ATF. Transmissions are Ford 4R75W and 4R70W.

TIA

I am assuming the barrel was FREE?
I am no expert here but, the Mobil 1 ATF DOES meet the requirements for Mercon V whereas the Delvac DOES NOT, according to both of the Mobil links that you provide. Others will chime in with more information. And, you may want to think about selling off the barrel of Delvac and buying some more of the proper ATF that you've already been using. And that's kind of a shame as how many people ever come across a barrel of any ATF or oil.

Last edited:
Thank you. if I sell the barrel I shall get myself a few pails of Lubrication Engineers 1150

Originally Posted By: Y_K
Thank you. if I sell the barrel I shall get myself a few pails of Lubrication Engineers 1150

Sure, if it meet the spec of Mercon V.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: tig1
Call 1-800-ASK-Mobil.

useless... the best out of the Big 5 in this department is Chevron. Mobil never went beyond legally correct 'answers'. Their email response is second worst after Valvoline. I will try it in the oldest panther I can easily sacrifice. The only concern is the effect it may have on the clutch particulate, but it looks very friendly otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back