NASCAR Fans Mad over "British" Announcer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess this is old news but since I didn't watch the door-slammers at the Glen, I just ran across it. And L-O-L, God bless the know-nothing rednecks for getting their PBR overheated as NBC insulted them by bringing in their excellent, lead open-wheel announcer, Australian Leigh Diffey. Comment after comment on Twitter blasted NBC for having someone with a "British accent" announcing their beloved American brand of racing.

https://bustedcoverage.com/2017/08/07/na...lly-australian/

Missing Leigh this weekend on F1 while he covers the Indycar finale.

Last edited:
People are idiots. I thought Leigh did an amazing job. Their coverage of the Watkins Glen race, using announcers around the track like on the radio was great.

Originally Posted By: Indydriver
Australian Leigh Diffey. Comment after comment on Twitter blasted NBC for having someone with a "British accent"

Close enough.
lol.gif

Or Criss Econowacky and his endless "how was it out there, sport" babble. At least this guy has seen some cars turn left as well as right.

Originally Posted By: gman2304
I would be take most anybody over the Waltrips, Kyle Petty, and Larry McReynolds!

Oh c'mon I like Larry McReynolds, I'd trade him for Steve Letarte any day. Nothing against Leigh Diffy but I enjoyed Bob Varsha on F1 today. Maybe he should have done the NASCAR.

Leigh Diffy is a professional, and he is good at whatever program he has hosting duties over. I really like having him on NASCAR. I am so used to seeing and hearing him on F1 (usually in the morning time for me) that it is a nice change to hear him in the afternoon when NBC airs NASCAR/Indy races.

If some NASCAR fans are up in arms about him, then it is not about the content - it is simply about his accent.

Don't tell Leigh he has a British accent.

The Nascar fans will have to learn what a bonnet is and how to spell tyres. He might lose them altogether if he brings up bangers and mash or mushy peas. (Both are excellent)

I remember not being happy about NBC replacing Varsha on the F1 team but after watching quali yesterday, Varsha seemed a bit out of place. I think NBC knows they found gold in Hobbs/Matchett and Bell/PT but they only have one top rank lead.

Starting off your thread by insulting and stereotyping NASCAR fans ? Doesn't matter what your point is after that, you lost me.

Originally Posted By: 64bawagon
Starting off your thread by insulting and stereotyping NASCAR fans ? Doesn't matter what your point is after that, you lost me.

It's OK,...it's not PC to insult any other group....It's part of the American double standard....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back