2016 F150 2.7 Maxlife Syn 5w30 4,985mi

Status
Not open for further replies.
This run was 4,985mi and about half of that towing ~2k lbs. It says synpower but it was actually Maxlife full synthetic 5w30.

Originally Posted By: bigj_16
Thanx for posting. Was the earlier UOA the same oil?

Yep! Exactly.

Interesting when the engine was newer you went more miles on the oil, and the TBN was higher... Does this suggest older engines are harder on oil? Need the oil changed more frequently as they age?

Originally Posted By: LeakySeals
Interesting when the engine was newer you went more miles on the oil, and the TBN was higher... Does this suggest older engines are harder on oil? Need the oil changed more frequently as they age?

Well that run at 7k miles was purely highway, no towing. This second run was a lot of towing in the heat of summer. I don't know if that's the difference or not?

Originally Posted By: tomcruise
This run was 4,985mi and about half of that towing ~2k lbs. It says synpower but it was actually Maxlife full synthetic 5w30.

Nice report TomCruise. No Valvoline hate from me
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Onug
Solid report. Do you remember what the OLM was at when you changed the oil?

Uhhhh I think it was right at about 50%. It never changes from a 10k mile interval.

Originally Posted By: car51

smile.gif

It seems to work great. I like it.

Originally Posted By: car51

smile.gif

It seems to work great. I like it.

Good to hear, can't go wrong with Valvoline
smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: wemay
Considering the towing, this is stellar. No measurable dilution and plenty TBN left.

Hey! I thought so too! I'm impressed.

Uhhhh I think it was right at about 50%. It never changes from a 10k mile interval.

The iOLM in our 2017 2.3 EcoBoost Explorer seems to follow a 10% reduction in oil life for about every 1,000 miles driven. It doesn't seem to matter the season or the type of driving, it's pretty consistent, makes you wonder.

Whimsey

Originally Posted By: Whimsey

The iOLM in our 2017 2.3 EcoBoost Explorer seems to follow a 10% reduction in oil life for about every 1,000 miles driven. It doesn't seem to matter the season or the type of driving, it's pretty consistent, makes you wonder.

Whimsey

That's exactly how my truck is. I towed a trailer to Washington and back in 90-100 degree weather and it still counted down as you described.

Tomcruise, when you open up the filter housing, does it seem like there is much oil left in there? I let my oil drain for a while, and the housing doesn't real have much left when I open it.

Since both analysis reports were Valvoline MLT, it appears they are starting to put boron back into that oil. Before it was zero moly and boron.

Originally Posted By: bigj_16
Tomcruise, when you open up the filter housing, does it seem like there is much oil left in there? I let my oil drain for a while, and the housing doesn't real have much left when I open it.

Mine usually has some oil in it. Not a whole lot, but some.

Originally Posted By: Pajero
Tomcruise,

Disregard, answered my own question

Thanks in advance!

Respectfully,

Pajero

No worries!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back