What did you do to your car today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I replaced the lower control arms and the left front drive axle on my fixer upper Avalon. The handling is enormously improved but it needs an alignment. Tomorrow I'll eyeball the toe and adjust the tie rods.

I put fuel in it and it ran exactly the same as before.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: dave123
I put fuel in it.

That counts for something. Fuel costs a lot these days (almost 3 bucks in northern KY) But I meant something within the scope of this forum subsection; mech/maintenance work

I replaced the gauge cluster bulbs with LEDs and cut and spliced resistors and LEDs in place of the bulbs for the ignition keyring circle and the 12v socket circle. Did them in red. Gauge cluster in true white. Took the mr2 into the 21st century for sure.

I dropped my truck off at a local shop. No idea what's wrong with it, it's running super-rich, surging, and occasionally stalling. It's an old truck, 94 Dodge Ram, and I've only had it a few months. I've already done several repairs on it, and I'm getting tired of it. It has a utility bed and a rack, and would make a great work truck if it would run right for more than a few days.

Cabin filter, wiper blades, and a coat of paint on my soon-to-be snow tire rims.

Originally Posted By: rollinpete
Tuesday I put in a nice clean air filter...I think the previous one was a motorcraft about 2 years old...

Always nice to see a well maintained older Explorer.

Looks like yours might be Willow Green? I had a Willow Green inside and out 1995 Sport...loved that truck and still miss it...rust ate it up bad, it was from Pittsburgh.

Quote:

I added one more scratch over the fender by carelessly rubbing a propane tank against it.

Supposed to be positive stuff not negative stuff Quattro Pete
smile.gif

Drove it 200 miles. Tomorrow I'll be replacing a crankshaft pulley, crankshaft seal, coolant and belts on a Nissan Frontier.

I drove 290 miles from Jackson Hole, WY to Casper, WY. And I got ticked off once more that regular gasoline is not 87 octane. Regular in these high altitude states is 85 octane, apparently not suitable for most NEW vehicles. The mid-grade is plus 30 cents a gallon. Another rip off by big oil in this part of the USA.

Inspected the brake switch on my new 1993 GMC 1500. The torque converter does not appear to be locking up when in OD on the highway. Apparently this switch can go bad causing the TCC to not lock. In the daylight I will tear it out and inspect it further.

Then remove/clean the IAC valve as it has a low speed surge when in gear.

Then look at a new fuel filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back