STP XL-3600, 1,600 miles CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good evening BITOG and HAPPY FRIDAY
smile.gif

This oil filter was on my 09' Camry LE, 2.4 4cyl 2AZ-FE engine. Oil STILL in sump is 50% VWB 5w30 and 50% 5w30 Synpower and 1/2 bottle of Liqui Moly MOS2 "anti friction engine treatment"

I installed a Bosch Distance Plus 3325 filter and 2 neodymium magnets on dome end since when I tried to put 2 on one side of filter the magnets want to pull toward oil pan or engine subframe.

I put 1/4 quart of Harvest King Syn 5w30 in New filter and in sump also.

No odd noises or problems to report. I'll admit; the oil color on dipstick looks clean kinda and not too awful for me adding the Liqui Moly I think

Enjoy the photos
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: bullwinkle
Looks OK, except that's a LOT of glue on that one end!

Very true
smile.gif

Filter looks very good. Not a fan of the glue slop over but unless it appears to have been flaking/coming off I don't believe it's an actual problem.

NICE BIG HOLES! Crazyoildude would be happy R.I.P.

Why only 1600 miles? Something going on there?

Originally Posted By: KCJeep
Filter looks very good. Not a fan of the glue slop over but unless it appears to have been flaking/coming off I don't believe it's an actual problem.

NICE BIG HOLES! Crazyoildude would be happy R.I.P.

Why only 1600 miles? Something going on there?

I guess I was curious to see if Liqui Moly would make the oil "dark gray" and keep it that way. Plus, I decided to use the 4967/4386 sizes instead of oversized filters.

I'll run the oil still in the sump til' "maintenance required" light hits or 5,000 miles. I'll continue using the neo dymium magnets as well

So just a filter change?

I am liking these XL filters. Too bad they are about the same price as an Ultra.
Plus only available at Autozone.

So does liquid moly change the oil viscosity or anything? Or just adds a big does of moly?

Originally Posted By: blupupher
So just a filter change?

I am liking these XL filters. Too bad they are about the same price as an Ultra.
Plus only available at Autozone.

So does liquid moly change the oil viscosity or anything? Or just adds a big does of moly?

Yes, just a filter change. I say that Liqui Moly adds a decent slug of Moly
smile.gif

It does like pretty good. Excess glue is not preferable but it is not a big of a deal compared to media with holes in it. If I'm not mistaken the xl filters are bring made by MH now.. Good job as usual son
smile.gif

I agree that it does look stout. At $8.69 for the 6607 for my car that isn't all too bad. It's not as great as a Fram Ultra but it is better than a Fram TG. I also bet this filter could be run for 12k miles with no issues either.

Originally Posted By: bbhero
It does like pretty good. Excess glue is not preferable but it is not a big of a deal compared to media with holes in it. If I'm not mistaken the xl filters are bring made by MH now.. Good job as usual son
smile.gif

Still "made in china" here where i am at for the XL stuff

The new "ultra silver" STP I cut while back is Purolator.

Originally Posted By: Linctex
Goodness, Adam - are we getting a a little OCD about cuttin' filters open before their time is due?

LOL, I was wondering how the Liqui amply was doing and figured why not

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back