Why women become truckdrivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite a few female truck drivers, I talk to them often.

I'm IT support for the largest trucking company in North America.

Women can handle big equipment and stress. I learned that many years ago. Most of the school bus drivers for our school district were women.

School bus: A large unwieldy orange-yellow vehicle (and they had manual transmissions back in the day) filled with several tons of ornery children. A cargo that every parent considers their most precious. Not a job for the faint of heart.

Geez, I can still remember those ladies, some of them petite, cranking those buses around the corners (and doing an expert job of navigating the around the curbs, parked cars and whatnot), rowing through the gears, and sometimes straightening out some rude kid.

Last edited:
A lot of women truck drivers will put most male truck drivers to shame.I deal with truck drivers all day long at work and have had dealings with both.For most men it's about ego,with women its not.

Originally Posted By: Rick in PA
Women can handle big equipment and stress. I learned that many years ago. Most of the school bus drivers for our school district were women.

School bus: A large unwieldy orange-yellow vehicle (and they had manual transmissions back in the day) filled with several tons of ornery children. A cargo that every parent considers their most precious. Not a job for the faint of heart.

Geez, I can still remember those ladies, some of them petite, cranking those buses around the corners (and doing an expert job of navigating the around the curbs, parked cars and whatnot), rowing through the gears, and sometimes straightening out some rude kid.

I agree. Growing up, I had Rose. A diminutive woman who struck fear in the hearts of many. She drove like she was on a fricking mission all the time. And she could jam and split gears with the best of them! Even to this day, I can't do as good as she (still can) at splitting a two spread rear! I found out later as an adult that the other driver's have even commented that they have a hard time keeping up with her!

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Quite a few female truck drivers, I talk to them often.

I'm IT support for the largest trucking company in North America.

Yep. Women truckers love to run hard and get paid.

Years ago when I owned my semi truck my wife picked up on driving the truck instantly and was an ace. women can drive great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back