Remind: Don't buy "airsoft" select fire on amazon

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's suggesting that the ATF either created the posting, or that they'll just subpoena a list of buyers from Amazon.

Cheeky.....

Seems a little corny that they would illegally sell you something to find you doing something illegal. But eh.. welcome to America I suppose

Originally Posted By: SnowDrifter
Cheeky.....

Seems a little corny that they would illegally sell you something to find you doing something illegal. But eh.. welcome to America I suppose

No different than dressing up cops as "streetwalkers" to catch people seeking an illegal product...

Originally Posted By: Astro14
Originally Posted By: SnowDrifter
Cheeky.....

No different than dressing up cops as "streetwalkers" to catch people seeking an illegal product...

I think any and all of this, (luring people into illegal purchases, or streetwalkers luring johns into a motel room), borders on entrapment. Much of the Federal government learned their lesson with this type of nonsense with the John Delorean, "cocaine for cars", bust. He got off on gross entrapment. And rightfully so. And it forever changed the way law enforcement operates.

Before Delorean, police decoy prostitutes could walk up to johns to solicit them. Now they have to wait until the john initiates contact first. That makes it easy to know who the decoy is. They've become quite ineffective as a result. I'm guessing this falls much into much the same category. When someone from law enforcement goes out of their way and does something intentionally, in an attempt to make you do something illegal, that you wouldn't have done otherwise, (such as run an ad for full auto parts), that falls solidly into today's entrapment laws.

I'm not saying it would be wise to order that part. I'm just saying it's quite doubtful the ATF, or anyone else from law enforcement, is running that ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back