Cloud Cuckoo

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, new to this cloud stuff, so maybe I'm wrong, but first impressions are its pretty half-baked.

Goodies so far.

Google Drive doesn't do multi-worksheet spreadsheets, so If you copy Excel ones in you only get the top sheet.

Microsoft One-drive are, as you might expect, worse. If you drag a folder in you get the sub-folder structure but they are all empty.

Quick look at the support fora suggests these are not broken, but just the way it is.

It'd be funny if I didn't actually want to use them.

Originally Posted By: Ducked

Google Drive doesn't do multi-worksheet spreadsheets, so If you copy Excel ones in you only get the top sheet.

Google spreadsheets do support multi-worksheet spreadsheets - I use them almost every day.

Obligatory.
laugh.gif

As wwilson said, Google sheets does support multi-worksheet spreadsheets.

I'm a big fan of and we use the heck out of Google docs for financial planning, shopping lists, chore lists, etc... It's just so much easier to maintain than individual lists.

...and the Cloud will take care of you. Faith is all that you need. Everything else has been handled, scheduled or dispatched. Your smartphone will keep you informed of everything you need to know and you will receive instructions as necessary. Have a nice day. We'd also like to inform you that today when you ate lunch at Loudon's Fine Restaurant at 2022 W. Main Street you parked in an unauthorized parking space and Wendy the waitress would like to thank you for the generous tip and yes she's married and can't accept your offer. It has been determined that it's not necessary to inform your wife because she is now accepting an offer from one of her co-workers and negotiations are in progress at the Motel 6 located at 334 Maple Grove Ave. Thank you for embracing the Cloud. Have a nice day.

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
...and the Cloud will take care of you. Faith is all that you need. Everything else has been handled, scheduled or dispatched. Your smartphone will keep you informed of everything you need to know and you will receive instructions as necessary. Have a nice day. We'd also like to inform you that today when you ate lunch at Loudon's Fine Restaurant at 2022 W. Main Street you parked in an unauthorized parking space and Wendy the waitress would like to thank you for the generous tip and yes she's married and can't accept your offer. It has been determined that it's not necessary to inform your wife because she is now accepting an offer from one of her co-workers and negotiations are in progress at the Motel 6 located at 334 Maple Grove Ave. Thank you for embracing the Cloud. Have a nice day.
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: Ducked

Microsoft One-drive are, as you might expect, worse. If you drag a folder in you get the sub-folder structure but they are all empty.

Sheets, as others have mentioned, is capable of multiple sheets. I cannot speak to the effectiveness of properly importing a multi-sheet Excel (tm) file, however.

As far as the OneDrive upload - did you give proper time for the contents of the folder(s) to actually upload? The folders would have been created immediately but the actual data still has to be copied. That could take some considerable time depending on the files being uploaded and your internet connection speed! When I installed OneDrive and it began syncing it took 6 days to do the initial sync (of a few hundred GB).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back