NK just lobbed another one over Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.
The "little guy" isn't stupid enough to fire a "live one". It would be the end of days (for NK) if he did.....

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: CKN
The "little guy" isn't stupid enough to fire a "live one". It would be the end of days (for NK) if he did.....

We'd likely find out Japan has nukes if they were that stupid!

With out getting to political...If i were the Pres. I would go to congress state my case ,go to the
frown.gif
Un united nations and say would you like missiles flying over your head lets do something... I don't claim to have an answer, but doing nothing is not good, and we shouldn't be such [censored] [censored] with him either, I know its dangerous but we do nothing what are we?

The funny thing is it's the Chinese who will lose the most if this guy fires a live one.

The USA would become the major military presence there for another 50 years, except this time we would be paid a pretty penny for it.

North Korea is China's rabid dog. If they don't take care of it, the rest of the region will roll a red carpet out for us.

What does NK want?
They are like a little kid that wants attention.
I guess I just missed what it is that they are trying to accomplish.
All they are doing is blowing some holes in the ocean.
I see a military coup in their future.

Originally Posted By: Dallas69
What does NK want?

Disagree. This would have already happened if it could. Remember-this guy has killed his relatives if he has had ANY DOUBT as to their loyalty.

We need to tell North Korea that we will position resources and will shoot down all missiles NK launches denying them gaining knowledge of how their missile performed.

My stepson is in the USAF in Seoul and he says it's just saber rattling. The guy in NK is not deranged but likes to push the envelope. Stepson says people in Seoul are not concerned.

NK is a very easy military target. Look at NK at night from a satellite and the only electric lights on at night are from military sites. Simply target all the areas with electric lights at night and you have all of their military.

If someone was shooting over my house or launching missiles. I would negate the problem with greater kinetic energy with prejudice. If Japan does nothing, well it's on them. Trump should extend the olive branch in a press conference. NK wants recognition.(non nuclear ok) Diplomacy should always be used first. When your talking your not fighting.

Fat boy is playing the world, like Germany did. Negotiate first and if that fails; decimate with hostile negotiations. I would consider the Neutron bomb.

Respectfully,

Pajero

Originally Posted By: Dallas69
What does NK want?

Ditto.

If anyone here cares about the future of South Korea, then the last thing we need is for NK to be overtaken swiftly and in a way that creates some 25 million+ impoverished and brainwashed communist refugees who suddenly are either the problem and expense of SK, Japan or China.

(I should disclose that I am ethnically Korean)

I have hated CIA driven coups in the past, but NK would be a case where a slow and steady regime change to more Western values would get rid of the Kim family's legacy and open up the possibility of a united peninsula one day.

Originally Posted By: Pajero
If someone was shooting over my house or launching missiles. I would negate the problem with greater kinetic energy with prejudice. If Japan does nothing, well it's on them. Trump should extend the olive branch in a press conference. NK wants recognition.(non nuclear ok) Diplomacy should always be used first. When your talking your not fighting.

Fat boy is playing the world, like Germany did. Negotiate first and if that fails; decimate with hostile negotiations. I would consider the Neutron bomb.

Respectfully,

Pajero

couldn't of said it better myself...

Originally Posted By: Donald
We need to tell North Korea that we will position resources and will shoot down all missiles NK launches denying them gaining knowledge of how their missile performed.

That denies everyone else knowledge of how the missile performed too. That could be useful information for, say. Pentagon contingency planners.

OTOH it potentially gives everyone else knowledge of how your anti-missile performed. You might not want to do that, especially if it isn't very good.

I was in Okinawa when (the last?) one went over. There were alerts on the media and sirens.

I wasn't clear, though, what one was actually supposed to DO with an IRBM alert.

Hide under the tea table I suppose, which in Japan probably involves an elaborate ritual with graceful, formalised gestures and exquisite carpentry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back