running 4000psi through a 4000psi rated hose?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed on my pressure washer I bought that it came with a hose rated at 4000psi working pressure. Well the pressure washer is 4000psi. Will the hose last running at max psi? They make 6000psi hoses, not sure why they didn't supply the pressure washer with one of those. Of course, they probably too cheap.

4,000 PSI is industrial and will take the skin off your foot if you are cleaning a pool. Something I discovered a few decades ago.
grin.gif

If you get a new hose, I would recommend the polyurethane.

People usually melt the hose on the exhaust of the washer or kink the hose. That is what makes it not last forever not running it as max rated capacity imo.

There is a safety factor in the hose. Like others said itll probably get damaged in some other way before it fails from pressure.
Plus it will only be at max pressure when using the red 0 degree tip. How often do you use that? I dont find it very useful personally and find the yellow or white tip with the wider spray pattern to be more useful.

Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
Just sayin 300 PSI will cut you like a razor.

I just said it (as a scary experiment) and I seem to be OK.

IIRC there's a Taiwanese belief that staring at a crescent moon will give you nosebleeds, because of the sharpness. That doesn't work on me either.

I highly doubt the pump will be making 4ooo for long. Most washer hoses die of other reasons as others have stated

I've seen 'real' 4,000 PSI and more in gases, I doubt consumer pressure washers ever
get as high as they claim - 'cause they know the average consumer can't measure the true pressure
anyway! In the fine print, 4,000 PSI is likely the max pressure at zero flow - ie, a blocked nozzle.

A component rated for a certain "Working Pressure" can be pressurized to that level with a margin of safety.

It is not the same as "Test Pressure" or "Bursting Pressure". Those do not include any margin, so the application should be designed to stay below them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back