Air Box Lid is Under Seat... Cool !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
After owning a Ducati that would've required removal of fuel tank and all farings to access the air box and change filter, how refreshing to discover that the new Guzzi all you have to do is slip off the seat, remove six small phillips screws, and you're there. 5 minute job, tops.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: LoneRanger
After owning a Ducati that would've required removal of fuel tank and all farings to access the air box and change filter, how refreshing to discover that the new Guzzi all you have to do is slip off the seat, remove six small phillips screws, and you're there. 5 minute job, tops.
laugh.gif

The Honda VT1100 has had that feature for YEARS . . .

Originally Posted By: HouseTiger
Originally Posted By: LoneRanger
laugh.gif

The Honda VT1100 has had that feature for YEARS . . .

I didn't mean that the feature and the bike *model* was new... been that way since Guzzi Stelvio's inception in 2008. Meant it is new "to me." Poor writing skills on my part.
blush.gif
In fact this one's a factory new left over 2016. 2 miles on the odo upon delivery few weeks ago. Still like a kid on Christmas day about it.
laugh.gif

I think all bikes should have tooless access to the air box and especially the battery in electric start only motorcycles. Unfortunately this is something dealerships do I think to keep motorcycles complicated and the dealership busy. I became the owner of a Can Am Spyder and it is a absolute pain to do anything with including checking the oil. I can say the Triumph is much better at gaining access to the battery but still requires tools and time.
Do they ever consider roadside problems may occur, probably not.

Originally Posted By: ArcticDriver
It is the new design that captures and burns methane before it escapes into the atmosphere.
Horse power boost.

The Honda XLV750 was the quickest change airfilter I've seen - on top of the tank, one Phillips screw holding the cover down, a 1/4 twist and it was out. Intended for Paris/Dakar there were a lot of easy maintenance things on the bike...and some not so easy at all.

Couple pics.

First up is seats off. Battery is up near tank but easily accessible, aft of the battery is air box, attached to aft of air box is the air box's air intake horn-- it faces/opens rearward.

Below the seats-off picture is one of the dash display showing the Diagnostics Screen. Here you can check for and clear stored codes, and a biggy-- clear the service notification ("reset service"), a handy option for DIY maintenance. My Ducati, only the dealer could clear the service due notice and read codes. This bike it appears you don't need a scanner, it's already in the dash menus.

I wish all companies would make maintenance that easy. A Ducati then a Guzzi in the midwest? If you got them both from Reno's we are probably pretty local to each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back