Valvoline Updated PDSs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Valvoline Synpower and Synpower Maxlife both have new PDS's as of 7 September 2017. It looks like they are taking a page from castrol PDSs as they are very non-descriptive. Biggest change thats noticeable is the viscosity is ~9% lower than the previous formulation (5W-20) and 0w-16 is now a thing you can get from Valvoline. I find the lack of information a little disappointing compared to their old data sheets. Thoughts?

Valvoline SynPower Maxlife PDS

Valvoline Synpower PDS

These show dexos1 Gen 2 licenses where appropriate, and I think that standard is what drove the timing of these PDS updates (it went live on 9/1).

Valvoline was one of the few companies that gave us NOACK loss information, but that seems to be gone now.

I see the CCS & Pour Point data has changed from specific to generic.

TBH, this level of description is nigh on useless. They might as well publish no numbers whatsoever and say 'just trust us, it'll all be okay'.

Shame that they've gone over to The Dark Side when then used to be such a shining light.

I'm sure it will do no good, but I complained about the product information sheets through their website.

Originally Posted By: Carbon12
I'm sure it will do no good, but I complained about the product information sheets through their website.

I sent them an email also, asking in a nice way they give us at least the same info on the previous PI sheets...Told them i'm a bitog forum reader
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: rollinpete
Originally Posted By: Carbon12

I sent them an email also, asking in a nice way they give us at least the same info on the previous PI sheets...Told them i'm a bitog forum reader
smile.gif

Good work mate.

Here is the reply I got from Valvoline:

Valvoline is in the process of restructuring how our PI Sheets are presented. The goal is to have the same information on all of the PI Sheets for each product. This effort will take some time. Right now the new format is not perfect and we will continue to work to make it better. Thank you for being our customer and please contact us if additional information is ever needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back