Virgin BOSCH D+ 3312 cut open

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good evening BITOG faithful
smile.gif

Member subyrubieroo sent me this filter to see how it looks. Not very good at all. 3 nice and deep cuts in ADBV so quality has NOT improved in my book. Pleats near seam suck!

Enjoy the pics
smile.gif

The cuts in the ADBV bother me more than the slightly wavy pleats....I bought several D3422's for use in my Fords which install vertically so I'm not too worried since the oil stays in the filter naturally.....still, I expect better from a premium priced filter.

Originally Posted By: pbm
The cuts in the ADBV bother me more than the slightly wavy pleats....I bought several D3422's for use in my Fords which install vertically so I'm not too worried since the oil stays in the filter naturally.....still, I expect better from a premium priced filter.

Yeah, I expected quality to be "better". Guess I expect way too much from Purolator

Oh well. At least they were cheap? I haven't checked the manufacturing dates on the other filters I picked up, but at least for my Subaru these should still be fine.

I wonder if I show these to Bosch if they even care? I agree, the D+ filters were marketed as 'up-level' and should show as much, especially on a brand new filter! Thanks for the C&P, car51!

Judging by the cut pattern on the ADBV it looks like about 40% of the base plate inlet holes are being blocked off.

Man, and these filters feel so nice and hefty, and their packaging is so high technology. What a shame. I'll still run the few I got from Walmart for $.75 for quick 1mz flushing runs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back