forgetting to oil air tools and blown orings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had an air tool that rarely use and didn't bother oiling it. A couple minutes into using it I felt air coming out where that pressure adjustment screw is. Then about 30 seconds later it completely came out. Makes me wonder if oiling them helps them stay in place better. It's not really a good design, but they all seem to have that same design. It's just a hollow bolt that has the end of the threads holding the oring against a flat bore in there. Not really much surface area to hold it in. All I did was unscrew it and put it back in. Seems to be holding fine now.

They also , probably , have an air dryer in the system . And , maybe , an automatic oiler going to places other than the paint booth ?

They also use the air tools pretty regularly .

Best of luck , :)

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Did you ever find the O-rings for that Porter-Cable die grinder ?

No, but I was able to take it out and put it back in. So if I keeps doing it I'll just go to a place that sells o rings I guess. I called around to find the porter cable part til I was blue in the face.

I know many people hate Harbor Freight , but consider looking at their O-Ring assortment " kit " .

Or take the old O-Ring to NAPA & see if they can help you .

Best wishes , :)

I'm hoping to put a good viton one in it, then again a regular buna oring would only be like $.25

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back