Comfy Work Shoes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gosh, it all depends on what your needs are.

I need:
1. Comfortable footbed.
2. Good ventilation.
3. Safety toe (not necessarily steel).
4. Non-scuffing.

I really like these Red Wings
Red Wing 6338

But it really depends on if you're outdoors/indoors, hot/cold, etc.

Ariat Workhog steel toe boots most of the time. They don't feel "comfy" when you put them on but after a day of field or shop work my feet don't hurt. I have more "comfy" boots but my feet are sore at the end of the day.

I would rather wear these than any other shoe or boot.
They are that comfortable.
They are not cheap, in fact way to much and way more than the two pair I have cost me.
I have had both pairs resoled by Redwing at least 3 times.
Your Redwing dealer can send them in for you.
That cost has also increased from a reasonable $65 to almost $90.

http://www.redwingshoes.com/red-wing-shoe/2414-red-wing-shoes/2414-red-wing-mens-8-inch-boot-brown

FYI, these help a lot. Get the black ones, they work better.
https://dungarees.com/carhartt-a422-3-fo...ze=LRG&cid=

Last edited:
Red Wing slip on safety shoes (all black in color) very comfortable and no laces to tie.

Every year I get these cause they are composite toe (not steel) and sooooo comfortable. I don't know the model number.

60 hours + a week in these
https://www.rsea.com.au/work-boots/lace-up/boot-safety-lace-up-tectuff-at-55-345

boot55_r2_c1.gif
boot55_r3_c3.gif
boot55_r2_c5.gif

But black

Timberland Pro lace ups or Doc Martens wellingtons are what I have found the most comfortable for me. I have both currently but am partial to the Timberlands. Either of these paired with Under Armour crew socks has eliminated any foot fatigue or soreness for me.

Originally Posted By: tom slick
Ariat Workhog steel toe boots most of the time. They don't feel "comfy" when you put them on but after a day of field or shop work my feet don't hurt. I have more "comfy" boots but my feet are sore at the end of the day.

I wear 8" work boots and was a Red Wing customer for over 20 years. However, their boots would keep wearing out in the same places quicker than I expected (sole would separate from boot in the toe, and the heel rubber would peel away).

In March I switched to Ariat Workhogs and so far I have been very pleased. To me they are more comfortable than the Red Wings and after 6-months of moderate use the soles show almost no wear. I coated the toes with KG's Boot Guard and that is an amazing product as well.

Originally Posted By: 97f150
Timberland Pro lace ups or Doc Martens wellingtons are what I have found the most comfortable for me. I have both currently but am partial to the Timberlands. Either of these paired with Under Armour crew socks has eliminated any foot fatigue or soreness for me.

Both good options, found both very comfortable.

Also, check out Blundstone.

https://www.blundstone.ca/collections/the-csa-greenpatch

I wear steel toe with metatarsal guard, but it's not by choice. Company policy says we must wear them. If I had a choice, I would definitely choose something lighter because these things are heavy and make for some tired feet/legs after a long shift on concrete floors.

If you use orthotics you can make just about any pair of boots supportive which usually makes them comfortable.

I had several ankle/foot surgeries from an injury at work, and for the last 20 years or so been in more or less chronic pain.

I get a lot of relief from the right kind of shoe and have been the happiest with Merrell.

Merrell

Last edited:
I have a couple pairs of Georgia work boots. They carve out the heel and allow for more cushion in the foot pad insert. Just spent yesterday afternoon stomping around a grass fire with a 5 gallon water pack without my feet or knees giving me grief.

I have some 12 dollar slip-on Walmart canvass loafers that cured my tired feet. they have about 1" cushy foam heel and 1/2" foam sole. They last about a year. I'm in a manufacturing building with a concrete floor - not outside. On the feet all day except for a few mins break and 1/2 hour lunch.

No socks in the Summer!

Originally Posted By: pandus13
Hi BITOGers,

What are the day in-day out, work shoes you use?
confy?
safety toe?
etc etc

Thanks

MAGNUM
The absolute best.
They have a website, and most sales on Amazon.
Well worth the effort.
Got the recommendation from ballistics101.com
Purchased two pairs for me and two for gifts. All winners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back