Continental TerrainContact A/T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody on here running these new tires?

http://www.continentaltire.com/product/terraincontact-22560r17-99h

According to their site it's been 3 years in the making and over 2 million miles of testing. First A/T tire to ever come from Continental. Seems like a road biased A/T tire too. Tire Rack hasn't posted official test results but from buyer reviews they seem to be a good balance of on/off road terrain.

I'm looking at options for my Outback. 99% of my driving is on pavement. I only go off road for fun, but I also hate washing the body cladding(lol), so I rarely go off road. When I do, I'm always afraid of punctures so that's why I'm going for an A/T tire.

BFG T/A KO2 has some amazing ratings and looks great but is super expensive. I'm thinking either Firestone Destination AT or these Continentals.

Ignore what anyone says. The best tire seems to be the one someone has on their car at the moment on this website.

Last edited:
Reminds me a bit of the Cooper Discoverer.

The reviews seem good, likely a safe bet at the right price.

Originally Posted By: avacado11
Anybody on here running these new tires?

http://www.continentaltire.com/product/terraincontact-22560r17-99h

According to their site it's been 3 years in the making and over 2 million miles of testing. First A/T tire to ever come from Continental. Seems like a road biased A/T tire too. Tire Rack hasn't posted official test results but from buyer reviews they seem to be a good balance of on/off road terrain.

I'm looking at options for my Outback. 99% of my driving is on pavement. I only go off road for fun, but I also hate washing the body cladding(lol), so I rarely go off road. When I do, I'm always afraid of punctures so that's why I'm going for an A/T tire.

BFG T/A KO2 has some amazing ratings and looks great but is super expensive. I'm thinking either Firestone Destination AT or these Continentals.

I thought I would never consider an AT tire for my Sierra pickup. But after reading a review-and the reviewer stating they are nearly silent on pavement-I would consider them.

I don't see anything AT like about these, even as a mild AT. The Dueler Revo2, Destination AT, Yoko Geolander AT, those are all good ones in the mild AT category. I've seen the Destination ATs in person on some pretty aggressive trails (running blues at Windrock OHV park in TN) and they held their own against more aggressive tires.

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
Ignore what anyone says. The best tire seems to be the one someone has on their car at the moment on this website.
Totally disagree skyactiv. The OEM Bridgestone Ecopias on my new Jetta suck. I would take back my Yokohama Ascends any day of the week.

Originally Posted By: HoosierJeeper
I don't see anything AT like about these, even as a mild AT. The Dueler Revo2, Destination AT, Yoko Geolander AT, those are all good ones in the mild AT category. I've seen the Destination ATs in person on some pretty aggressive trails (running blues at Windrock OHV park in TN) and they held their own against more aggressive tires.

I guess that's why they are so quiet. They appear to be a "mild A/T". I don't plan on doing any trail blazing personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back