Is Mothers synthetic wax a sealer or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Mothers synthetic wax(liquid) a sealer or just a regular old wax that's synthetic?? I've heard that it's a sealer and that it's not a sealer.

I'm going back home on leave and was originally going to ceramic pro my parents new lexus since they never wash it. Don't have time for the car to sit in a garage for 2 days so I'm just gonna clay+wax this time until spring rolls around. I'm debating on wether or not to use Mothers synthetic or just Mothers Brazilian carnuba cleaner. Last time I used the synthetic stuff in this humid southern heat it left me disappointed. Not sure how it'll turn out for a garaged car with mild weather(central NY). I have a ton of wax at home and currently just Maguire's GC Carnuba+ with me in AR. I wanna use up that stuff before I convert all to meguire's.

It's a sealant which will be more durable than a traditional wax.

After claying be sure to do an IPA(rubbing alcohol) wipe down so the sealant has a squeaky clean surface to bond to. Put car in the garage afterwards so the sealant can cure for 24 hours. This will enhance the product's durability.

There's no clear line between "wax" and "sealant" very few if any non-synthetic waxes are out there. Plenty of synthetics contain natural wax.

If it calls itself "synthetic wax" it's a sealant.

In general (and there are more products coming out all the time that blur the line even more):

synthetic=sealant
carnauba=wax

I wouldn't get hung up on the names, they will both achieve protection to the finish, though sealants are in general more durable and longer lasting while waxes in general may make the paint pop more or look "deeper". Depends on what you're going for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back