Co-worker needs a GCV-190 engine for his Honda HRX

Status
Not open for further replies.
My co-worker needs a GCV-190 engine for his Honda HRX mower. Would any Honda GCV-190 engine fit or is the some with different bolt patterns or fit?

The 3 bolt mounting pattern will be the same.

Crankshaft PTO maybe a different diameter, length and maybe keyed different.

Check cable(s) from mower to engine such as zone control cable (brake/kill cable), choke cable or auto-choke setup. Governor spring may need to be swapped to get the proper RPM's without engine surging.

Originally Posted By: GravelRoad

Check cable(s) from mower to engine such as zone control cable (brake/kill cable), choke cable or auto-choke setup. Governor spring may need to be swapped to get the proper RPM's without engine surging.
So your saying there more to it then the bolt mounting pattern?

Originally Posted By: NH73
Originally Posted By: GravelRoad

So your saying there more to it then the bolt mounting pattern?

Yes. Even though all Honda GCV-190 are very similar, they may have minor differences.
Honda GCV-190 engines are used on a whole host of different types of equipment and brands.
If you find a GCV-190 off a Honda HRX, better chance it will be the same or similar.

Crank end diameter and taper could be different.
The new engine outlets that handle Honda may be able to tell you.

Though the price of a engine might be as high as a whole new mower.

My 2¢

Yeah, I agree with the others. Knowing what options this HRX has would help because the output shaft may have different options for drive pulleys, blade clutches, blade adapters, etc. If the person whacked something, bending the shaft, these components might be shot as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back