Purolator ONE PL14610 6,241 C&P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since BlueOvalFitter can't read unless its in bold this whole post will be bolded.
wink.gif

Purolator ONE PL14610
6,241 Miles
Car: 2015 Honda CR-V 2.4L
Oil: Valvoline 0W-20 High Mileage

Just a piece of grass on the right side of the ADBV from sitting it down.

No rips or tears in the ADBV. Actually surprised how thick this one was. I don't recall them being that thick.

That black stuff I think is from manufacturing. Its think it might be a glue? It would come off if I rubbed it.
Louvers are open pretty good.

Seam

Opposite side of the seam

There was actually quite a few of big carbon deposits but they were drained out with the oil.

Replaced with a Purolator ONE and Quaker State Ultimate Durability 0w-20.

Again thanks to 2015_PSD for the oil filter cutter!

At ~6200 mi. looks like it got the job done, no drama. This one made Oct 2016. The 14610 application uses adbv/baseplate design that doesn't put pressure from leaf compression spring on central portion of adbv from inlet holes. Thus no indentions or cuts on adbv.

Thanks for c&p.

I knew this C&P looked good as soon as I saw only 4 replies to this thread after 4.5 hours. If the media was torn, this thread would've reached six pages by now
laugh.gif

Thanks for the C&P. Looks like it did its job. Hopefully this is the beginning of many more problem-free Purolators.

Originally Posted By: sir1900
I knew this C&P looked good as soon as I saw only 4 replies to this thread after 4.5 hours. If the media was torn, this thread would've reached six pages by now
laugh.gif

Thanks for the C&P. Looks like it did its job. Hopefully this is the beginning of many more problem-free Purolators.
+1

I just picked up six of these on sale. Now one of them resides on my Toyota along with QSUD 5w-30 we'll know next spring how it did. But this Purolator sure looks good to me.

The "beginning" has been trying to happen for the last 2 years.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Ram02
Purolator is back guys . Back to making quality filters we all know and loved

Fake News 2017
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: HerrStig
laugh.gif

+1

+2

I think their redesign really helped improve things. The ones I have seen c&p'd have been really nice, even the classics.

Originally Posted By: arakele
I think their redesign really helped improve things. The ones I have seen c&p'd have been really nice, even the classics.

Their "re design" cannot fix cuts in ADBV so that means to me: JUNK!

Originally Posted By: car51

Originally Posted By: FordBroncoVWJeta

No rips or tears in the ADBV. Actually surprised how thick this one was. I don't recall them being that thick.

Last edited:
Since BlueOvalFitter can't read unless its in bold this whole post will be bolded.
wink.gif

WELL, THAT'S MIGHTY WHITE OF YOU. JUST FOR YOU, MY REPLY WILL NOT ONLY BE IN BOLD, BUT I HAVE DECIDED TO TYPE IT IN ALL CAPS! DOES THIS PLEASE THOU?
smile.gif

One decent made filter doesn't tell me the "Purolator issues" are fixed. So, NO PUROLATOR TRASH FOR ME
smile.gif

Their redesign also switched to louvers in the center tube, and there have been many photos of barely opened up louvers. Lots of things are still hit or miss on Purolators.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back