UTV fuel mileage question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 2017 Teryx 4LE and ride with a buddy that has the same machine every weekend. He has had his longer than me and has about 1200 more miles. Mine currently has 1100 miles.

We ride the same trails and stay together, so for the most part we should be getting the same or near fuel mileage. But his always has at least 2 or 3 more bars of fuel than mine at the end of the trip.

He gets his gas at Speedway near his house always. I get my gas at either Exxon or Shell trying to stay with top tier.

The last two times i have gassed up at his Speedway i am getting the same fuel mileage as him.

So either my machine likes non top tier gas to get the best fuel mileage or somehow mine broke in alot during the last two rides..

I know this isnt scientific at all, but i have had to carry gas with me for most of the trips because mine always runs low way before his does and we ride the same trails together. Since switching to Speedway i havent had to add gas at all from my can.

Theories?

Until you guys top up, then ride, then top up again to see what you used, you can't really say who is using more or less gas. Your gauges might be way off even.

depending on how many hills and mountains we climb 80 to 90 miles on 7.9 gallon tank until the light starts blinking.

that unit would run better and use less fuel on 87 rather than 93. beyond that, your likely have a more unsteady foot. cvt rewards a lack of pedal movement.

also, since we are bragging about fuel mileage... 240+ per tank stock. now 140 is about the limit. the retune, exhaust, and 31s murdered my mileage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back