Fuel in S. Florida, Are Gas Stations opening today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know if Gas Stations will open today?

With over 2.3 million FPL customers being without power, many gas stations have backup gen's

Costco warehouse automatic greeting states ... will be closed...

Curfew still in effect

Tracker.GasBuddy.com has a tracker section to see how has gas and is open. Normally a pricing site. Incredible use of platform.

With no power some stations with gas are not open.

I filled up Monday morning around 5 AM and cars were already in line for gas.

With the recent fuel run here in San Antonio gas stations were out I tried using gas buddy and found it unreliable. I went to three gas stations that reported having fuel and didn't before giving up.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice

I was under impression more are required to have backup power for these kind of situations in southern FL at least. I am lucky to live 10 mins from a major truck stop on RT95/NH that has backup power. The downside is only 4 gasoline pumps.

Originally Posted By: madRiver
Originally Posted By: Mr Nice

I was under impression more are required to have backup power for these kind of situations in southern FL at least. I am lucky to live 10 mins from a major truck stop on RT95/NH that has backup power. The downside is only 4 gasoline pumps.

I believe only gas stations near the highways (evacuation routes) such as I-10, I-75, I-95 and Turnpike are required to have generators.

Either was people had to get gas and supplies as early as possible, not wait for the last minute.

tracker.gasbuddy.com is useless --- just went on mr toads wild ride and every station someone claimed having gas was roped off or lights out

Hoping Nebraska search and rescue units that just returned from Texas last week will make a difference to Floridians who have been affected by IRMA. I believe that same Army National Guard helicopters are already down there doing what they can. You are not alone Florida. We are all just the next disaster away.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: henni
tracker.gasbuddy.com is useless --- just went on mr toads wild ride and every station someone claimed having gas was roped off or lights out

The pricing is incredibly accurate(locally) as it's user(driver consumer) driven. This use case is brand new for the platform as of the last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back