When do you think fuel prices will come back down?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are the refineries still offline in Texas? I don't think there are any refineries in Fla.

They'll keep them up for a while they're doing "checks" on their systems. More money in their pockets less in ours. Unless you drive a tesla

Originally Posted By: THafeez
They'll keep them up for a while they're doing "checks" on their systems. More money in their pockets less in ours. Unless you drive a tesla

That might be a rather simplistic view of the matter. It's really only 12 refineries that are in the process of starting up. The other ones in the US are at max production instead of cutting back to do maintenance so they can cash in on the margins. But that's expected to be short lived. Maybe just a week or two. Refining margins are already on the way down.

http://oilprice.com/Energy/Crude-Oil/Refiners-Boost-Output-But-Irma-Could-Dent-Demand.html

The refineries are coming back online, but don't expect prices to level out for awhile.

Oil is a speculative market and highly volatile. A wet [censored] from a third world dictator is enough reason for gas companies to keep prices high.

There will be another glut as the TX refiners gear up and FL consumption is slow. Plus, they're making cheaper winter fuel again. Prices will fall back.

Originally Posted By: Indydriver
There will be another glut as the TX refiners gear up and FL consumption is slow. Plus, they're making cheaper winter fuel again. Prices will fall back.

half a million cars not running in Tx too. News program showed huge lots with forklifts moving the vehicles around

High gas prices means people stop driving for "non-essential" travel, which weakens demand and raises supply.

Florida stations pumped dry for the evacuation and will pump dry this week for the return home. For now Florida consumption is anything but "slow". Average this use over the next month and I bet you will still be average or better for the state.

Only went up about $0.20 a gallon to $2.39 here for E10. Diesel is another story and it's up about $0.50 a gallon, to $2,65 or so.

Originally Posted By: Wolf359

That might be a rather simplistic view of the matter. It's really only 12 refineries that are in the process of starting up. The other ones in the US are at max production instead of cutting back to do maintenance so they can cash in on the margins. But that's expected to be short lived. Maybe just a week or two. Refining margins are already on the way down.

http://oilprice.com/Energy/Crude-Oil/Refiners-Boost-Output-But-Irma-Could-Dent-Demand.html

Good article. I for one have tried to drive less and switch vehicles to not have to buy as much fuel. It's silly when you think about it. I'm retired so I don't have to drive like many of you.

Originally Posted By: loneryder
Originally Posted By: Wolf359

Good article. I for one have tried to drive less and switch vehicles to not have to buy as much fuel. It's silly when you think about it. I'm retired so I don't have to drive like many of you.

I'm just not filling my tank and waiting for prices to drop down a little. Normally I just do a complete fill when I'm down to 1/4 to 1/8 of a tank, but now I'm just sticking with a max of a half tank. They're starting to drop a little, just a few cents. Maybe in another week or so.

Originally Posted By: ammolab

Florida stations pumped dry for the evacuation and will pump dry this week for the return home. For now Florida consumption is anything but "slow". Average this use over the next month and I bet you will still be average or better for the state.
The news was reporting expected shortages in GA because of the evacuees buying it up on the way home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back