Is it me, or is the new Top Gear America awful?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll preface this by saying I'm not a TG fanatic, and I don't have a deep attachment to the show or its hosts beyond it being an entertaining diversion, which it isn't all of the time.

The previous incarnation of TGA with Foust/Wood/Ferrara got off to a slow start, but eventually became pretty enjoyable when they decided to just focus on the three of them messing around with cars. I don't find the studio segments all that enthralling, even with the original or Grand Tour.

I guess AMC wanted to have a go at another TGA after History decided not to continue with the earlier version, but so far, I haven't found anything compelling about the new one, though I do like Bill Finchter as an actor. Even the cars have been relatively lame.

To be fair, I'll give the show more time to develop, but so far, it's been a rough go.

I'm trying to give it a chance but for some reason they don't click IMHO.
It feels forced and awkward at best.

Originally Posted By: double vanos
Is this the TG that's supposed to have Sabine Schmitz on it? She's the only reason I'd tune in....

No , that's the British Top Gear , which is now pretty good with Matt Leblanc.

Everyone said the same thing about New New Top Gear... and with Chris Evans gone and Matt, Rory, and Chris Harris at the helm I think it will be a great show to watch.

The Grand Tour was awkward for a few episodes but they really came into their own towards the end.

Original Top Gear America took a while to get spooled up, and this one will too. Give it time.

This version seems so forced...

I really miss Rut, Adam, and Tanner.

My 8 year old daughter and I just watched the latest episode and said: "Daddy, these guys aren't funny, they need to put the old guys back on".

I couldn't have said it better!

Change is never easy when a show has created a nice dynamic between the presenters.

Think yourself lucky you never got Chris Evans

Personally I enjoy watching car based programmes.

Fifth Gear was rather good.

Top Gear UK without Chris Evans is very good, I am a fan of Matt Leblanc anyway.

Wheeler Dealers was good with Ed and will be good with Ant aswell.

For the love of cars was enjoyable aswell.

Originally Posted By: Bud_One

This is exactly how I feel about it. I've dvr'd the show and find myself fast forwarding a lot. Rut, Tanner, & Adam were odd together at first but they still seemed to have better chemistry than these guys right out of the gate.

Originally Posted By: AdRock
Originally Posted By: Bud_One

This is exactly how I feel about it. I've dvr'd the show and find myself fast forwarding a lot. Rut, Tanner, & Adam were odd together at first but they still seemed to have better chemistry than these guys right out of the gate.

I don't think the Top Gear America shows ever had any traction, both then and now.

The British one with Matt LeBlanc has a lot of American related content and is quite good. I wonder why they are struggling with TG America.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back