Castro 0-40 for yaris .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings from Australia .
Iv recently been gifted a bottle of diesel 0-40 Castro edge.
In Australia we have two varietys the MB/bmw rated 0-40 and the diesel version .
So my question is the 0-40 diesel version ok to use in my petrol 1.3L Toyota yaris(2013).
It's a little confusing as the Castro site says it's fine for high performance petrol and diesel variety but on the bottle it's says diesel only . en_au/australia/car-engine-oil/engine-oil-viscosity/0w-40.html

Last edited:
According to their website they have one for both gasoline and diesel and meets a ton of specs. I'm a little jelly I can't get this in Canada.

SPECIFICATIONS
API SN
ACEA C3
BMW Longlife-04 (Diesel Engines Only)
Porsche A40
dexos2
Meets Fiat 9.55535-S2
MB-Approval 229.31/ 229.51
Renault RN 0700 / RN 0710
VW 502 00 / 505 00

What's that Castro brand oil you speak of?
Is it from Cuba or something?
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: KL31
Overkill for Yaris but yes it will work fine. It's dual rated for petrol and diesel.

Yes Exactly, it will work without problems, just a bit on the thick side for a Yaris. Still there are people out there in Oz using Magnatc 10W40 and a few using GTX 20W50 in the same car, so you are not alone. I would keep the oil change interval (OCI) to 10,000 KM or less. it's a mid SAPS oil, so not long distance (even though they do that in Europe), 7000KM if you want to be super safe.

Oh and ... G'day Bradyaris....Welcome !

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Bradyaris
Thank you for the reply will follow your instructions.
The current fill is Castrol edge 5-30 should the same OCI be followed .

If it's Castrol Edge 5W30 A3/B4 then that is a full-SAPS Euro long life oil and I would run it out to 15,000 KM.

Last edited:
The edge 5W30 is mighty close to being a 40 grade, so if the old Yaris is happy on that, it will also behave the same on the 0W40. I agree with SR5, wind out the kms to at least 10,000 on the 5W30.

I'm going to get a UOA on my Subaru (non turbo) forester in a few months and post here. Using the 5W30 edge too. I haven't found any UOA here for the Edge 5W30 A3/B4 so it will be interesting to see how our Aussie version of edge holds up to 100% city driving, 9-10,000 kms with 15 months of use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back