Remote start works like garbage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
SO on the wife's 2014 Explorer she has a factory remote start, unfortunately it stopped functioning very well last winter. Still tries to start but just clicks out like a dead battery. When starting normally it starts just fine. Battery is well charged and no issues with the "wonderful" Ford battery life monitor (yet).

Any thoughts?

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
Replace the batteries in the remote.

Why? Its the OE FOB and otherwise functions flawlessly with normal range?

We replace a ton and it seems the first thing that goes out on the fobs when the batteries are getting weak is remote start. I am assuming this is a push button start vehicle? If so you got a good life out of the batteries, they usually only last about 2 years. Yours might have one battery, some of the fobs have 2.

Just a little update. Replaced the remote batteries with no change. Supposed to hit the lock button once then remote start button twice to use... Well, instead of starting the car just flashes the lights and horns the horn once (like I hit the lock button again). Does with with both remotes. One with "old" batteries and one with new.

Originally Posted By: buck91
Just a little update. Replaced the remote batteries with no change. Supposed to hit the lock button once then remote start button twice to use... Well, instead of starting the car just flashes the lights and horns the horn once (like I hit the lock button again). Does with with both remotes. One with "old" batteries and one with new.

So yeah. Check engine light was on. Temporarily cleared and and RS start worked fine. Guess I better hunt down this EVAP leak
crazy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back