Can you try:
-run the cache status add-onn
-"crash" FF process from task manager from time to time
?

Originally Posted By: pandus13
Quattro Pete,

Can you try:
-run the cache status add-onn

I am running it. It shows that cache use is low, so it's something else that's causing the high RAM situation.

Quote:
-"crash" FF process from task manager from time to time
?

Well, yeah, that's what I basically have to do for now... restart FF every couple of hours. But it didn't used to be like this in earlier FF versions.

Try disabling the add ons you have one at a time and see how that changes things.

FF also has a renew feature. This basically reinstalls FF but uses a new default user profile.

Right now mine (Win 10 Pro) is showing 38% RAM usage for FF 55.

Is your FF 55 32-bit version or 64 bit?
Mine is 32 bit despite being a 64 bit Win 10 OS. IDK why that is (I normally do FF update the version and that is what it has updated to; I wonder if it's because FF was trying to be comaptible with my add-ons? I've heard that FF55 will no longer support legacy extension, incl tabmix plus
frown.gif
And my Tabmix plus is still working like usual...)

But you can manually install the 64 bit version. It is supposed to be better in many ways.

starting with FF56, Mozilla will auto migrate all 32-bit users to 64-bit version. This link also shows how to upgrade to the 64-bit version manually:

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/switch-32-bit-64-bit

Last edited:
Hey Pete, try the 32 bit version of Palemoon. It's basically how Firefox was 10 years ago. Lightning fast, featureless, smooth, easy browsing like ti used to be. Super light on memory.

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
Hey Pete, try the 32 bit version of Palemoon. It's basically how Firefox was 10 years ago. Lightning fast, featureless, smooth, easy browsing like ti used to be. Super light on memory.

What about Waterfox? I hear that's pretty good too....

Originally Posted By: 97tbird
Is your FF 55 32-bit version or 64 bit?

64-bit, as per my original post.
smile.gif

I've been on 64-bit for a very long time now.

Quote:
What about Waterfox? I hear that's pretty good too....

I tried Waterfox some time back. IIRC, some of my add-ons weren't working properly, so I switched back to FF.

QP I switched to Opera because of Issues with Firefox and Chrome. Have been using it close to a year and I'm thrilled. Plus it runs Chrome extensions and has a built in ad-blocker and VPN for browsing. You can also Whats-App and Facebook Messenger usage from within the browser without plug-ins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back