What kind of cabin filter do you like?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed that there are 3 basic kinds for most cars:
1. Plain filter
2. Filter with carbon
3. Electrostatic with carbon
Which do you normally get?

I don't put much energy into thinking about cabin filters. Usually just buy Fram.

I've used them all. I personally can't tell a difference. Get whatever's cheap. I've used wix #1, denso #3, fram #2.
I found them at Rock auto less than $10. When u bundle supplies for multiple cars from 1 warehouse it's worth the shipping. Just my opinion. Currently running a denso #1

Plain.

Recently put in a MANN filter into my MINI Cooper and the fit was quite poor, surprisingly. MANN is usually good. Pulled out a Purflux that was much nicer.

my car doesn't take one.
frown.gif

#1 Which is the same 'type' that came as oem(Honda). However I don't chase oem, aftermarket are less expensive work just as well, ime. Last one I bought was an AAP Carquest, equivalent quality to oem.

As for #2, I've read comments on several forums including here and product reviews, some brand anecdotes report air flow is restricted.

Foreign ones for the Saabs and Volvos (Mahle, Hengst, MANN, Corteco) from FCP, AutohausAZ or eEuroparts.

WIX for everything else via RockAuto single warehouse order.

1. Napa Gold. I can get them for under $8. I like having a cabin filter, but resent paying too much for them.

The idea of a carbon filter interests me, but I've questioned the benefit. Perhaps if I lived in a big city where it is common for the air to stink from pollution, a carbon filter may be more important to try. So it's never been important enough to try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back