Buying Oil At Wal-Mart VS Part Stores

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many here, besides me, buy their oil and filters at WM? I have read on here how some would rather not buy ANYTHING from WM. Why? Do you like spending at least $10 more for the same 5 qt. container of oil at a parts store than to buy it at WM? Oh, I get it. It's that lump in your throat called PRIDE! Careful now, don't choke on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
If somebody wants to buy stuff elsewhere, what do you care?

FYI, I dont buy my oil and filters at WM because they dont have what I want.

I buy oil at WalMart and I get my filters from my work. Except the 5W50 for my car comes from work since that is like a unicorn out in the wild.

I dislike Wal-Mart quite a lot due to business practices but I do buy oil and filters there because the price is too good. I don't really go there for anything else though.

I buy most everything online, including oil.

If you pay attention, it would seem that most here buy their oil on sale at part stores, or from Walmart, or both.

I think the only oil I didn't buy at WM was M1 5W30 ESP that they don't carry. I'm probably not buying any more of that, though.

I found a great deal on the Tokyo Roki oil filters that I like on Amazon and have 10 waiting in a box. I looked for that deal out of curiousity last week and the per filter price was about $11 instead of $3-4 (with free shipping instead of about $10 for a big shipment, though).

Walmart, Meijer, Rural king, orsheln etc. I buy at any of these as they are all priced similar. I generally get what I need when I go get something else.

I do like walmart and meijers selection the best, however.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete

Easy there baby moose. Let's not get our panties in a wad. And, I could care less where others buy what they want elsewhere. I was merely S-T-A-T-I-N-G how WM's oil prices are MUCH cheaper, so why buy it elsewhere?
smirk.gif

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter

Easy there baby moose. Let's not get our panties in a wad. And, I could care less where others buy what they want elsewhere. I was merely S-T-A-T-I-N-G how WM's oil prices are MUCH cheaper, so why buy it elsewhere?
smirk.gif

As evil as Wal-Mart is, I have no issue buying things there that are cheaper than other places. We don't have one locally so when I do go I usually hit up the ammo aisle and the oil aisle. One of my friends usually gives me money to pick up Rotella T6 for him.

Totally unrelated, the Wal-Mart I go to has a ton of .300 AAC Blackout. Kind of strange but good for me.

Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
I buy most everything online, including oil.

If you pay attention, it would seem that most here buy their oil on sale at part stores, or from Walmart, or both.

Look at my join date wise guy. You don't think that I have been around here long enough to PAY ATTENTION? SMH!
smirk.gif

I detest WallMart! But, I make an exception for oil. I go in and out really quick. Otherwise; I rather pay extra at grocery stores vs Wallmart. They are an evil company, reference employees benefits etc. Yet, I admit that they do a lot of donations in the community. For whatever that is worth.

You are allowed to steal 2x, before you are banned from the chain.

Pajero

Last edited by a moderator:

Easy there baby moose. Let's not get our panties in a wad.
smirk.gif

Says the one who writes his entire post in bold. LOL

How many here, besides me, buy their oil and filters at WM? I have read on here how some would rather go to H*** than to buy ANYTHING from WM. Why? Do you like spending at least $10 more for the same 5 qt. container of oil at a parts store than to buy it at WM? Oh, I get it. It's that lump in your throat called PRIDE! Careful now, don't choke on it.

I just bought Castrol EDGE 5W-30 Full Synthetic Motor Oil, 5 qt at Walmart locally it's $36 plus at O'Reilly's. That [censored] near gives me two Oil changes for the price of one. It was $20.14 at Walley World.

Last edited:
I dislike WM and their business practices... That said, I do buy oil, filters, fluids and a few other things from there. I don't go tonauto part stores much, I mostly buy repair parts at autoanything.com.

Also, I can occasionally find a decent cut of whole brisket for a great price at WM. I'm always on the lookout for a deal on a good brisket to slap on the smoker.

was merely S-T-A-T-I-N-G how WM's oil prices are MUCH cheaper, so why buy it elsewhere?
smirk.gif

Also, often times Amazon sells jugs of oil for the same price as WM with free shipping.

In general I don't mind Walmart for some thing but I value to my time if I have to drive a hour round trip to go to Walmart I don't mind spending $10 more if I only have to drive 5 round trip.

I just see Walmart as the jack of all trades master of none. Clothing section is limited back when I needed certain stuff for work. No comfortable boots at all either, I would prefer Best Buy for electronics.

Essentially I don't really see any benefit to Walmart. They can be a little cheaper but it doesn't matter if I'm shopping for sporting goods, cloths, electronics, etc I have a preferred place and usually it's not Walmart. The drive doesn't help much either.

I have to admit that I laughed at this post/thinking... BlueOvalFitter get off the bold train
smile.gif

I like going to O Reilly's or AAP for my oil and supplies typically because I don't like dealing with the mass of humanity there. I also don't like to have to walk a country mile to pick up what I need. I would rather have a easier trip than go to Wally World. I do go there on occasion. I got my Castrol Ultraclean 5w30 there recently.

I did, until I found better deals outside of there. Fred Meyers has better prices on Delo while on sale, bi mart has better prices on PP, conventional and others can be found at a better price at Napa and auto zone. I will go to wally world cruising for clearances, picked up a stash of tough guards for 3bucks a pop...
Of course they have consistently low prices, so I have a need and have nothing on hand, am is my destination.

Easy there baby moose. Let's not get our panties in a wad.
smirk.gif

Says the one who writes his entire post in bold. LOL

IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, DON'T READ IT AND REPLY.
There, is that bold enough for you? LOL

At least with WalMart you can check the product first before purchasing. Amazon has been turning into a free for all fakes site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back