Hmmmm?

Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
Originally Posted By: Iowegian
At least the 5 quart jug of 5w30 pennzoil platinum is no long sold at walmart
They were having a sale on Pennzoil.
Looked in store and online.
They are not selling it.
Hmmmm?

Still shows available here online this morning?

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Pennzoil-Platinum-High-Mileage-5W-30-Motor-Oil-5-qt/135786509

That's high mileage, maybe not what the OP was looking for. But still essentially the same oil at a decent price.

Originally Posted By: PimTac
Refinerys affected by hurricane Harvey?

Or perhaps creating artificial demand? I used to work for the oil industry and they've done it before first hand experience.

Originally Posted By: mcwilly

That's high mileage, maybe not what the OP was looking for. But still essentially the same oil at a decent price.

Correct
Not wanting the high mileage.
Although not sure of the difference.

Per speculation about running out due hurricanes. Wal-Mart isn't saying "out of stock"
They are just not carrying it any more.

Originally Posted By: PimTac
Refinerys affected by hurricane Harvey?

I said the same thing elsewhere. It's been like that for a few months. My local Walmart does have a PP Euro L 5w-30 for Benz, BMW, etc., but I don't know what the difference is.

Well I had quite the surprise today at WM, in my favor. They had the PUP 5w20 on sale for 24.97, so I ordered 2 jugs cause I know they disappear quick. So I go in today to pick up my order, the guy says, 'we only have two of your jugs, not all six.' I'm like what? I look at the receipt, WM had them listed as 3-packs for 24.97!! So long story short, they refunded all my money, then charged me 1/3 of the 24.97 for each jug of the 3-pack. I got 10 quarts of PUP for $16.66!!

Oh and all you PP Euro L inquirers, I will have a VOA of this Monday evening!

Now I need to go and stock up...
Funny thing is local WM sells 5L jugs at $45 and 4.73L jugs at $27... I always get the 4.73L ones
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: SubieRubyRoo
Well I had quite the surprise today at WM, in my favor. They had the PUP 5w20 on sale for 24.97, so I ordered 2 jugs cause I know they disappear quick. So I go in today to pick up my order, the guy says, 'we only have two of your jugs, not all six.' I'm like what? I look at the receipt, WM had them listed as 3-packs for 24.97!! So long story short, they refunded all my money, then charged me 1/3 of the 24.97 for each jug of the 3-pack. I got 10 quarts of PUP for $16.66!!

Now why would anyone be shopping a Walmart? LOL

With all the products they have available in one place at reasonable prices, why isn't everyone shopping at Walmart?

Oil only. I detest nearly all of WMs business practices, mainly because their operating practices force a large economic burden onto the local community; low wages and keeping everyone under 'full-time' nearly ensures all their employees qualify for welfare or supplemental assistance. It's a shady way to shift the 'living wage' burden to the rest of the tax base.

That said, I'm not going to pay 30%+ more for an identical item at an auto store.

Originally Posted By: bigt61

With all the products they have available in one place at reasonable prices, why isn't everyone shopping at Walmart?

^^This is a question that probably comes up frequently in Bentonville these days:)

Originally Posted By: GemStater
Weird! Amazon is looking rather depleted as well.

What effect would Harvey have on Pearl GTL, Qatar?

None, but it did have an effect on the ports that receive the tankers as well as the blending plants and bottling lines.

I've noticed Walmart's website to not reflect reality at times.

This morning I snapped this pic from my local Walmart; Eastern Washington State. Plenty of inventory on Roll Back pricing. Nothing out of the ordinary that would seem to indicate discontinued. I did note the date code on the 5W-30 PP as April 2017.

37171252695_6f4701718c_c.jpg

Oil only. I detest nearly all of WMs business practices, mainly because their operating practices force a large economic burden onto the local community; low wages and keeping everyone under 'full-time' nearly ensures all their employees qualify for welfare or supplemental assistance. It's a shady way to shift the 'living wage' burden to the rest of the tax base.

That said, I'm not going to pay 30%+ more for an identical item at an auto store.

crackmeup2.gif
you a member of mightymousetech's bandwagon, you both speak the same tongue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back