Purolator Boss usage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm done with Purolator. There are other better choices, and they're not worth the risk for me in using them.

Sayjac beat me to it! I was happy with the boss filter, it was seriously perfect, picked it up with a 40% off code from advance. With those nice discounts and the way the filter looked I would run it again, however AAP hasn't been offering the 40% as of late.

Quote:
... however AAP hasn't been offering the 40% as of late.

OT Nope, 35% has been the max discount for a couple codes in the last month. On the plus side, they have been no minimum purchase codes, which used to be mostly limited to 20% off. Currently 30% discount code no minimum, is max.

Yes, your PBL anecdote did look good.

Using codes and all of that nonsense when a Fram Ultra is cheaper at most places doesn't make much sense to me. Of course no one here cares about what I think but you also have this.............

Originally Posted By: AirgunSavant
Using codes and all of that nonsense when a Fram Ultra is cheaper at most places doesn't make much sense to me. Of course no one here cares about what I think but you also have this.............

Yeah, I don't get it. I just order Ultras off Amazon when I need one and still pay less than a Boss with discount code. I have used a Boss, but it was part of a oil change deal at Advance. I'd certainly use one again for such a deal, but I would never straight up buy a Boss to use.

I don't use the Purolator Boss to expensive yet and I don't plan on doing 15K OCI's. But I do run the Purolator One their new 10K filter. So far it seems to be working very well. We'll know more by the end of April. But I ran Purolator Pure ones for the last 5 years without any issues.

Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
I don't use the Purolator Boss to expensive yet and I don't plan on doing 15K OCI's. But I do run the Purolator One their new 10K filter. So far it seems to be working very well. We'll know more by the end of April. But I ran Purolator Pure ones for the last 5 years without any issues.

The bottom line as you know is if you are happy, that is all that counts....... I got a bunch of filters here to use up
but from experimentation they are usable but I won't buy them again. But to know, you have to get around so to speak!

With all the problems people are having with them on this board, I'm amazed ANYONE here still chances using the things. Purolator used to be one of the best, now they're probably on the very bottom of the list.

Originally Posted By: jongies3
With all the problems people are having with them on this board, I'm amazed ANYONE here still chances using the things. Purolator used to be one of the best, now they're probably on the very bottom of the list.

I don't stash away oil and filters, so I recently got caught wanting to change my oil unexpectedly and bought an Advance Auto special. This was oil and a Purolator Boss filter. If I had been near a Walmart, I would have gone with a Fram Ultra, but I'm certainly not afraid of the Boss. I checked that the louvers were opened up good and made the purchase. My engine will be fine.

Originally Posted By: dustyroads

I don't stash away oil and filters, so I recently got caught wanting to change my oil unexpectedly and bought an Advance Auto special. This was oil and a Purolator Boss filter. If I had been near a Walmart, I would have gone with a Fram Ultra, but I'm certainly not afraid of the Boss. I checked that the louvers were opened up good and made the purchase. My engine will be fine.

Let us know, what you think after your OCI! I certainly admire the external build quality of the Boss. But, the efficiency bothers me.

Originally Posted By: Pajero
Originally Posted By: dustyroads

Let us know, what you think after your OCI! I certainly admire the external build quality of the Boss. But, the efficiency bothers me.

I will check it out, or send it to car51 to cut and post.
smile.gif
The efficiency isn't anything to brag about, but it will be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back