Smith & Wesson MP9 version 2.0 is a winner

Status
Not open for further replies.
WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER!

My latest plastic fantastic tupperware, a Smith & Wesson M&P 9 2.0 is a WINNER. The grip is very nice, skateboard texture like. Sticks to your hand like glue.

I got it for $409 shipped from outdoor superstore a few weeks ago.

I had a gen 1 version of this pistol, which I promptly sold after finding I didn't much care for it.

I decided to give the gen 2 version a try, and I'm glad I did. I really like this pistol. Smith did a great job on this pistol.

If you are in the market for some tactical tupperware, I can recommend this pistol.

My Glocks and Canik pistols will be on the back burner while I get to know this new girl.

11521_01_lg_0.jpg

Originally Posted By: pbm
Bubba:
I know you like the Canik.....do you like this one the same or more?

Thats kind of hard to answer. Do I prefer a bacon cheeseburger, or a mushroom swiss cheeseburger? I like them both, they both have redeeming qualities.

The Canik usually wins on price. Ergonomics are good on both. Trigger a bit better on a the Canik. Brand longevity/resale/pride of ownership/service after sale is much better on the Smith & Wesson.

Really, it comes down to individual preference, and what you actually want it to accomplish. Are you a collector, that has a ton of firearms, and you just want to add more to the collection? Are you a first time buyer, looking for your first home defense firearm? Is money extremely tight, where a $300 purchase is a real sacrifice for your family? Are you a 3 gun or competition shooter, and only compete with your firearm? Are you a bird hunter, that needs a shotgun for hunting? For most people, firearms are tools for specific jobs. You buy the right tool, for the job.

I like the Canik firearms I have shot and own. I like this Smith and Wesson pistol. I wouldn't say I like one more than the other. They are about even in my eyes.

If I was buying one gun, for home protection, I would get the Smith, based on reputation and long time commitment to service and warranty issues.

If I was on an hard budget, and money was tight, then the Canik would fill the role just fine for home defense.

My only real problem with Canik firearms is that they are solely imported by Century arms, which is a terrible company.

Glad you posted this. Having given all my Glocks to my sons, I was actually interested in one of these. One knowledgeable reviewer I found didn't seem to think the new one was much different than the original though. Clearly you think differently.

The gen 2 is a better gun for sure. The trigger is far superior to the first gen guns. The only thing I hate is those weird from slide scallops. Just looks weird, but looks are of course far down the ladder in importance in defensive guns.

Originally Posted By: bubbatime
WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER!

My latest plastic fantastic tupperware, a Smith & Wesson M&P 9 2.0 is a WINNER. The grip is very nice, skateboard texture like. Sticks to your hand like glue.

I got it for $409 shipped from outdoor superstore a few weeks ago.

I had a gen 1 version of this pistol, which I promptly sold after finding I didn't much care for it.

I decided to give the gen 2 version a try, and I'm glad I did. I really like this pistol. Smith did a great job on this pistol.

If you are in the market for some tactical tupperware, I can recommend this pistol.

My Glocks and Canik pistols will be on the back burner while I get to know this new girl.

11521_01_lg_0.jpg

How's the trigger on that one?

Congrats. Heck of a price for a pistol that's equal to or better than the Glock in many ways, including reliability, probably.

BT - any more feedback on this one? I played with a version 1.0 and a 2.0 the other day in my local gun store and I have to say the 2.0 is indeed a winner. The trigger on that 2.0 is night and day versus the 1.0.

PS... do you live in Florida and are having to evacuate? If so stay safe.

Originally Posted By: Ed_T
I'd be looking at the Sig P320. Easy peasy disassembly and cleaning. Both co's offer great support.

Although I doubt you'll be getting the Sig for $410.

Oh, it was a hard choice between an M&P and an XD when I was buying my carry gun. The XD won out because it fit my fingers just a little better.

Originally Posted By: 2015_PSD
BT - any more feedback on this one? I played with a version 1.0 and a 2.0 the other day in my local gun store and I have to say the 2.0 is indeed a winner. The trigger on that 2.0 is night and day versus the 1.0.

PS... do you live in Florida and are having to evacuate? If so stay safe.

I'm still liking the pistol. Have about 2000 rounds down range. It's in my nightstand. Or should I say, it was in my nightstand. I had to evacuate for Hurricane Irma, and took it with me. My house is looking at a 10+ ft storm surge right now, so wish me luck.

Originally Posted By: bubbatime
My house is looking at a 10+ ft storm surge right now, so wish me luck.

Good luck bubba
frown.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back