Pennzoil 5W30, 4105 miles, 2004 Lexus RX330

Status
Not open for further replies.
See below for a recent UOA from our 2004 Lexus RX330. SUV has 221,500 miles on it and this interval had 4,105 miles.

I mix my own oil and this run was 3 qts of Pennzoil Platinum High Mileage, 2 qts of Pennzoil High Mileage (both 5W30) and 4 ounces of Tufoil.

Filter is a Fram Ultra with a filter change every other oil change interval.

BTW, I broke the back bolt on the air filter box between this interval and the previous one ... I may need to repair that.

My Sienna has the 3.3 as well. These are great and smooth engines. Almost 280k on mine and it likes thin 0w20 oil the best it seems.

Originally Posted By: Char Baby
Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Wow, lots of moly. Where did the come from primarily?

Maybe from the Tufoil?

That would be my guess as my UOA's have a bit more moly due to the 4 oz of Tufoil. My Jeep UOA from late July was similar.

Where are some good places to buy Tufoil for a decent price? Checked Walmart and no luck.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Where are some good places to buy Tufoil for a decent price? Checked Walmart and no luck.

I purchase it at Amazon, but generally speaking OTC additives are not supported by the BITOG faithful.

Safe to say this engine finally finished breaking in and is currently in the best shape of its life (internally) @ 220k miles???
13.gif

Thanks for the comments ... I didn't like the silicon, so I fixed the back bolt on the air filter box this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back