What are your fantasy football tips and tricks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tonight is the draft for my company's fantasy football league. I haven't participated in one of these in well over 10 years.

Any tips and tricks for the draft?

1. Don't waste your pick on a kicker early. Save that for the last two picks.

2. Wait to pick your defensive players. They aren't as impactful as offensive players

3. I believe Russell Wilson is going to be really good this year - bounce back. If the typical Rodgers, Brees, Brady is already taken I'd get Russell Wilson, Cam Newton, James Winston, Marcus Mariota in that order. Eli Manning would be a good later round pick

4. RBs are thin this year. McCoy, Bell, David Johnson are the top three. After that: Jordan Howard, Ameer Abdullah, Kareem Hunt, Dalvin Cook, Isiah Crowell, Doug Martin (if you pick Doug Martin you will want Jacquizz Rodgers)

5. Sleeper WRs: Thielen and Willie Snead would be great mid round WRs to pick up.

Early picks are people who you think will be consistent.

Grab as many starting RB and WR as you can. There is more WR talent than workhorse.

Wait until later in the draft to get a QB and a kicker.

Strength of schedule and playing in a dome are things to think of.

I would recommend grab 2 RB with the first 2 picks. Then focus on multiple WR, with another RB sprinkled in. Grab a decent QB late, someone like Matt Stafford.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

I downloaded a list from Reddit and sorted by VBD. Did the live draft and chose the best players based off of that list. Started with RB, then QB, WR, etc. I used some youtube video to determine the best positions to pick.

So now that I have a team, I need to figure out how to actually play. There are bench players, do I just keep them for backup or do I have to rotate people in every week?

Payout is only a few hundred bucks for first place, but it's a work group and as the head finance guy I kind of felt obligated, lol.

anyone on your bench doesn't score. you want to set your best players on the lineup for each week.

Look for starting players, especially RB's, that are hurt and pick up their understudy. The best example is Kareem Hunt of KC that took over for injured Spencer Ware and had one of the best debuts of any running back in the Patriots season opener. Got him in one league, the other had a KC fan that snatched him...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back