Troy Gentry killed in a Chopper crash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: dlundblad
Very sad. I love their music.
For the most part I did as well.

Yikes. That's not far from me. Hadnt heard that there was a crash. There is a small airport someplace over there... Beautiful day today too...

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Yikes. That's not far from me. Hadnt heard that there was a crash. There is a small airport someplace over there... Beautiful day today too...

I've been there a few times. Nice place to see a band.

It was a beautiful day, too.

Terribly sad. I really liked their song "my town" and a couple of others too.

Last edited:
Helicopters are so much a part of life that we tend to forget, or more likely never knew, that they have a natural tendency to crash, unlike a fixed wing aircraft that still has some lift after loss of power. And the cyclical loads on the rotor hub are tremendous. Still, many lives are saved ever year because helicopter are close by for transport. We have one at our local airport about three blocks from us and it flies often. Headed for Omaha or Lincoln. And sometimes Sioux City,Iowa.

When I heard he died, I automatically assumed that he crashed a pickup truck while driving drunk..... It seems most country music these days is about pickup trucks and beer. Though I admit that some of their stuff is good.

Kind of like when a gangsta rapper dies I assume it was in a hail of bullets.

I just cant get into the whole "I luv muh treeuk...im a country boy" type music.

Originally Posted By: 5AcresAndAFool
When I heard he died, I automatically assumed that he crashed a pickup truck while driving drunk..... It seems most country music these days is about pickup trucks and beer. Though I admit that some of their stuff is good.

Kind of like when a gangsta rapper dies I assume it was in a hail of bullets.

I just cant get into the whole "I luv muh treeuk...im a country boy" type music.

Interesting post - Maybe not a good idea to "automatically assume."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back