Time/Warner (Spectrum)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before I relocated to Columbus, I had cable with USA Communictations out of Kearney,Nebraska and it was fairly trouble free. Now I have T/W with their *^%$#@*&^ cable box and the TV never shuts down or starts up the same way twice. About every third time, the blank screen comes on PINK and I have to spend five minutes trying to get picture and sound. Last evening I finally had to resort to pulling the power on the box and waiting six minutes for it to reboot. T/W has told me they have never seen this PINK screen and don't know anything about it. Says it's my TV. My Panasonic is only four years old and didn't have any problems before T/W came around with their digital cable box. Has anyone seen a PINK blank screen using T/W? I'm thinking of asking T/W for a new cable box. Just last month I installed cable boxes on three other TVs when T/W went to an all digital format. The other three TV's have never come on with the *&^%$# PINK screen that T/W says they have never seen. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Spectrum is horrible-almost any other provider would be better. Thank God we have Fioptics (Cincinnati Bell) here, or we would have Dish/Direct TV & some other ISP.

Last edited:
Get a new cable box.

For the other TV's return the cable box and get a Roku. You can use the free app.

I also have the new spectrum cable box, but have not had a pink screen. Since you have 2 other boxes, I think I would switch boxes with one of the other tv's and see what happens then.

TWC/Spectrum service is horrible but unfortunately it's the lesser of three evils when it comes to lost signals of Direct TV and DISH when it rains :mad:

Originally Posted By: old1
...Since you have 2 other boxes, I think I would switch boxes with one of the other tv's and see what happens then.
+1

Only 6min for your TV box to reboot? Mine typically takes 2-3x that and this is with the 'latest/greatest' equipment.

Is the cable box hooked up to TV by HDMI cord? That sounds like an HDMI glitch all the way. Make sure the HDMI interface cord is securely plugged in to the cable box and the TV. If the HDMI cord came with the cable box from T/W then it may be a faulty HDMI cord.

Meh, I have TWs internet only and their service is pretty solid. Cheap as dirt, I get 1.5x the speed I pay for and UNLIKE Verizon, they don't throttle my video streaming.

Honestly why anyone bothers with a cable box in 2017 is beyond me. Watch less TV. And never ever ever use/rent your providers lousy equipment!

Originally Posted By: DdDd
Meh, I have TWs internet only and their service is pretty solid. Cheap as dirt, I get 1.5x the speed I pay for and UNLIKE Verizon, they don't throttle my video streaming.

Honestly why anyone bothers with a cable box in 2017 is beyond me. Watch less TV. And never ever ever use/rent your providers lousy equipment!
Ten Four to that Dd. T/W is the only game in town and they just don't care what the customers think. Talked to a woman at the local center and ask her how she felt working for T/M (16 years) She said she could live with it.
39.gif

Originally Posted By: bullwinkle
Spectrum is horrible-almost any other provider would be better. Thank God we have Fioptics (Cincinnati Bell) here, or we would have Dish/Direct TV & some other ISP.

"Thank GOD........"

That is blasphemous because fioptics and Cincinnati Bell is, in reality, Cincinnati [censored].

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back