95,000 miles on a Sebring Convertible filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
That doesn't look anywhere near as bad as what I was expecting to see for that kind of mileage.

I change my cabin filters at 15k miles, and while they aren't as black as that, they are sometimes much more full of dead bugs, and small pieces of grass, leaves, hay dust, etc.

That looks real good for 90K miles. When I replaced mine 2 years ago at 60K miles it was full of enough junk to make a varmit carpet.

I'm more impressed a Chrysler made it to 95K miles. Good for you.
I had several Chrysler mini vans and a Dodge Neon. I got cured with that junk.
Never again.

Wow, you most drive on a lot of clean (air wise) roads! I did a cabin filter for a 2016 or 2015 Chevrolet Impala with 20K that came to walmart. While it was not as dark as that one, it was full of garbage. For that filter to make it to 90K, looking like that. Thats just impressive. Although the new Carquest (Purolator?) looks even better built wise!

Yes, the new filter is a carbon style filter. I think the Mopar is a plain paper style.

Originally Posted By: 69GTX
That looks real good for 90K miles. When I replaced mine 2 years ago at 60K miles it was full of enough junk to make a varmit carpet.

There was a a lot of junk down in the bottom of the pleats that the pic doesn't show well. But still for the miles it is surprising it isn't far worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back