Honda EM7000is Carburetor - how to buy right part?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I search online for a complete carburetor part, several places list multiple Part Numbers for the EM7000is carburetor.

Also, there are knockoffs and have no idea if a part that costs 15 will work when the original is 139 ?

Example 1:
Item 8
CARBURETOR ASSY. (BE87Q B/C)
16100-ZF6-F42
$139.75
Link http://www.hondapartsnation.com/oemparts...-5000is1-7000is

Example 2:
GOOFIT ATV Carburetor with Solenoid for Honda GX270 GX390 EB6500X EB7000I EM5000SX EM7000IS 13hp Chinese 182F 188F Generator Engine Carb
$15.99
Link https://www.amazon.com/GOOFIT-Carburetor-Solenoid-EM5000SX-Generator/dp/B00UD344N8

Anyone with experience on these? What is the best place to buy? eBay also lists them but requires some sort of knowledge of the history of the EM7000is as there are several carburetors listed as OEM part.

The model number, serial number, and date code of the engine will ensure the correct part number for the carburetor. Don't buy that one from Amazon; it's a fake aftermarket carb. What are the engine numbers ?

Look for the word "Genuine" like the one at Repair Clinic.

Aftermarket Chinese clone carbs can be a great value, and in some cases, are BETTER than the OEM Honda part, with adjustable fuel mixture screws and slightly larger jets that run better.

If you find a clone carb that fits, dont be scared. At most, you are out $15 if its doesn't work out for you.

Jee thanks bubbatime, you just totally voided out everything I said.
33.gif

Honda's weird with their small engines - the only way you'll get the right carb is the one referenced for that engine series, you'll need the serial number and the engine type number stamped on the block.

There's just too many variants that Honda makes, and while it's a pain to have the serial/model/type number it does make it easier to get the right carb. I did with my neighbor's mower.

This has a listing of most Honda small engine/equipment serial/model numbers. Not up to date, caveat emptor.

Last edited:
I called a few of these sellers of the OEM part and they claim that despite having at least 4 different Honda engine series or variations within the EM7000 family of generators, there is only one part listed and crossreferenced for all 4.

Here is one example
http://www.boats.net/parts/detail/part/H-16100-ZF6-F42.html

Apparently the part number is 16100-ZF6-F42 and no matter where that is purchased, it is always the same OEM complete carb and includes the 2 small round knobs or discs that connect a harness to the ECO mode switch.

I have used replacement "chonda" carbs. I'd call it a success except the original failed in only a couple years.

The problem with "one size fits all" carbs is their emulsion tube tuning. They have little holes in different places. A 3600 RPM generator or push mower only run at one speed and don't have much going on for this tune. But you have eco-mode so it'll want to idle etc.

I would get the $15 and put it on there, worst thing is you're out $15, and you could have some stupid parts like the choke lever that you might need in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back