2016 Chrysler 300c Awd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at a 2016 300c has AWD
Its loaded with AWD heated and cooled seats, rear sunshade, etc. 20,000 miles asking $25,000. Opinions? It does not have the Hemi, rather 3.6 v6.

My opinion is to test drive the Hemi before making any decisions.

This is from someone who's spent considerable time with both.

Originally Posted By: Canadastang
Does the 3.6 Pentastar still have cracked head issues or did they finally resolve it?

From what I've been told yes.

Should be able to get it for $22,995 that sounds fair. Model year 2018 will be on lots any day now if not already. They probably have about $20,000 in it.

Originally Posted By: Lolvoguy
My opinion is to test drive the Hemi before making any decisions.

I second this suggestion.

To me, the primary appeal of the 300c would be the nice Hemi engine. Otherwise, it's just another boring family sedan, but sometimes boring is good, so it really depends on what one needs.
smile.gif

Just for kicks remember that when the 8 speed/Pentastar combo debuted it was only 1/2 second slower to 60 than the 5.7 Hemi with the 5 speed NAG1.
The thing that is so nice is that the hemi now has the same trans and is very relaxed, actually does very well on gas...

I'd be concerned about weak suspensions requiring lots of work in just 4-5 years!

ID the Tranny model number and look it up for problems and if Sonnax.com is actually making
parts for it, ie, they ID'd chronic problems with the tranny.

Long gone are the days of the good A727 / A904 trannies that lasted forever!

Now, no matter how much I like a car I check these issues out with an extensive search!

Originally Posted By: i_hate_autofraud

I'd be concerned about weak suspensions requiring lots of work in just 4-5 years!

ID the Tranny model number and look it up for problems and if Sonnax.com is actually making
parts for it, ie, they ID'd chronic problems with the tranny.

Long gone are the days of the good A727 / A904 trannies that lasted forever!

Now, no matter how much I like a car I check these issues out with an extensive search!

Pretty sure it's the ZF 8HP transmission in that 3.6 300c. AFAIK, there haven't been any major problems with this trans. It is being used in a ton of different applications, including my wife's Q5, although it's a slightly different variant.

Then again, this is the 8HP-based 845RE trans that is actually made by Chrysler and not by ZF, so who knows...

https://www.allpar.com/mopar/transmissions/ZF8.html

If you like it, go for it! Two of my brother's have the Charger (15 & 16) and they absolutely love the cars. Both with the V6/8spd and both have around 40-45k miles. No issues so far with either.

I've had seat time in both and am very impressed. I even had a rental Ram with the V6 and wasn't disappointed.

Yes the V6 does get a lower rated slushbox than a Hemi does.

People here are still worried about the 8 speed when it has been used for many years by Audi, Bentley, Jaguar, etc. It's far from new and quite reliable...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back