Gas Cans

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the market for a 5 gallon can and just made myself dizzy looking online for a gas can... the different styles... the reviews... the prices...

Holy [censored]...!

Curious to see if there're any strong opinions here in favor of one brand vs another...? One style over another?

Aren't they regulated to have that idiotic safety valve that lasts about 2 months before breaking/leaking?

Honestly, go on Craigslist and find one of those old school metal ones and buy that. Save yourself the hassle.

No Spill.
Seriously.

No-Spill-Gasoline-cans-product-shot.jpg

I hate the new "environmentally" friendly cans. I spill more fuel with those that my old ones leaked out in 5 years.

I bought a blitz plastic can and then a "water" spout adapter and vent like this. Works like the old style.

I wish I had known about the new cans, I tossed out 2 that had 5 year old gas in them, not knowing any better.

My mom has 2 of the old school metal military type cans that I have claimed when she passes.

Originally Posted By: oilpsi2high
find one of those old school metal ones and buy that. Save yourself the hassle.

This!!

Originally Posted By: TheKracken
Are any of these safe to have inside a closed vehicle (like a mini van)?

Maybe........ But I HATE the idea of carrying any gas can in the passenger compartment!

I'd go on craigslist and buy a Blitz gas can. The other manufacturers in the market right now can't make one that won't leak or work right. Only reason Blitz went out of business was because some people were dumping fuel onto a fire and the cans were exploding. If you don't want to buy used, then buy the spill proof brand ones. They're supposed to be better than the other [censored] on the market.

I have a couple of plastic containers, a 5 litre and a 10 litre, they always work well. I also have 3 of these which are all in use, NZ made and 2 gallon, which I forgot about when measuring premix...I just asumed 10 litres because of the size.

498356628.jpg

Originally Posted By: madRiver
I like the $40 one on Amazon that is metal with spring loaded closer and large yellow funnel. Plastic is garbage.

That's the only decent gas can left thanks to the Flunkies in DC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back