Brain Teaser wannabe not "Humor"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night I securely boxed up a front wheel bearing for return.

I made a strong 6" x 7" x 8" box by layering and gluing cardboard.

It fit the heavy product box tightly so the metal chunk wouldn't slide and bang around. The layers of cardboard become packing material.

After drying overnight the complete box weighed 3224 grams......a little over 7 lbs.

I decided to dry all those layers of cardboard in a cooling 200º oven.

Guess what the weight dropped to.

(play 'Final Jeopardy' theme tune)

3210g. 14 grams of water (incl. any glue moisture) 1/2 an oz.

Isn't that exciting?

One of the benefits of being a guy - the what if...factor. The downside, if left to our own devices, neighbourhoods would have a very interesting landscape: putting greens on the front yard; decapitated lawn gnomes used as planters. Ahh, I can only dream.

Ignore these posters above who have lives and are just jealous us single guys can actually do whatever we want without getting an earful.
grin.gif

Was your cardboard stored in a high humidity garage or in the A/C house with lower humidity prior to using?

Originally Posted By: ArcticDriver
Ignore these posters above who have lives and are just jealous us single guys can actually do whatever we want without getting an earful.
grin.gif

Was your cardboard stored in a high humidity garage or in the A/C house with lower humidity prior to using?

Never, ever, jealous of anything in my life.
EXCEPT for the above mentioned.
Enjoy your freedom guys.

The cardboard box was in the basement and had a dampish feel. That was my motivation to dry it.

Possibly reducing postage (7 lb., 1 oz. official USPS weight) was in the back of my mind. 'Twas $11.40 to mail.

Yes, I am that cheap and am dull as dishwater compared to all the swingers around me.

The economy of oil hoarding is enticing but I can't part with the start-up capital.

And no, I never put my wheel covers into the dishwasher.

Thank you (sincerely). I do have access to a "worm hole" which takes me to The Twilight Zone-quite randomly timed. Alas, it takes me to the same neighborhood.

Originally Posted By: Kira
Thank you (sincerely). I do have access to a "worm hole" which takes me to The Twilight Zone-quite randomly timed. Alas, it takes me to the same neighborhood.

Don't worry, you come to the right place... You are in good company...(cannot say more... wife must not know...)

So you know, as this is the 'humor' section, thought I'd try and inject a little levity into this thread with my last post. So it was 'somewhat' tongue in cheek.
56.gif

Only poster on here that I've asked whether they were a girl or guy. I did get an answer which is always but what an answer it was, Whew!
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back