Crazy 06 Buick Lacrosse problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully someone can help, my 2006 Buick Lacrosse CX with 63,000 well kept miles on it has suddenly started acting up. When you park and turn off the car and lock it up,within a few hours the doors unlock themselves and the front bumper lights as well as the rear running lights come on, and will not shut off. You can open the door and even manually turn the lights from AUTO setting to OFF, but they still will not turn off..The only way to shut them off is to start the car, put in drive move slightly forward then turn the car off again.Then within a few hours it happens all over again??? I discontented the battery for ten min to clear or reset but did not help. The headlamp relay switch was replaced last year under recall and I removed the relay but the lights stayed on.

Originally Posted By: ndfergy
Faulty door switch?

Yep either that or a short somewhere.

Body Control Module, wiring, headlamp switch, bad grounds, fuse block, corrosion in connector and myriad of other possibilities.

You need a schematic and someone with troubleshooting skills and a meter to start going over this. Anything else is just stabbing in the dark guesses.

As mentioned check corrosion on battery terminals. If present, clean and grease. Walmart TLE has a good battery protection service for $3.50. Includes a good cleaning, lubing with grease and NOCO felt washers.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
A battery starting to poop out possibly.

this ^^^^^^^^^^^ my fil`s 07 lincoln interior light would not shut off. and turns out the batt was the culprit.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Hootbro
Body Control Module, wiring, headlamp switch, bad grounds, fuse block, corrosion in connector and myriad of other possibilities.

Yup, it's probably in the first 6. Hopefully not the last one.

You need a schematic and someone with troubleshooting skills and a meter to start going over this. Anything else is just stabbing in the dark guesses.

Maybe. Burnish all the grounds, terminals, and connections, check and maybe replace the battery, you've got a good chance of catching it.

Originally Posted By: lucerne06
crazy, also seems to do this mainly at night

You having a high dew point at night? If so, I would lean towards moisture in electronics.

not so sure, it poured here all day long, it did not happen at all during th day...just happened again 4 hours after it was parked at 22A;00 tonihht...this time I used the remte to lock the doors again and the lihts went out..we shall se for how long..also had the battery tesetd it had a full charge.

This case would make an excellent YouTube video for sharp dudes like flmmaz the Ford mechanic.

lucerne06, how far are you from North Carolina ?

Originally Posted By: lucerne06
crazy, also seems to do this mainly at night

You having a high dew point at night? If so, I would lean towards moisture in electronics.

Or something related to the headlight switch/circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back