Chevy dealership reopened, closed for decades

Status
Not open for further replies.
What dealership leaves new cars and closes up?
They would go back to GM or have closing sale.
I remember as a kid when the International dealership in Carrolltown Pa went out of business and had all the new Scouts for sale out front.
Going out of Bussiness sale.

No sound on my computer, but I think this is the Lambrecht auction from 2013. It's all well documented.

Originally Posted By: drtyler
... but I think this is the Lambrecht auction from 2013. It's all well documented.

Yes, lots of cars with only 10 miles or less on them.

Some sitting outside for 40 years with 4 miles on the odometer.

http://www.autonews.com/article/20130930/RETAIL07/130939994/lambrecht-chevy-auction-of-rare-cars-draws-%242.8-million-in-bids

Lambrecht Chevy auction of rare cars draws $2.8 million in bids

Originally Posted By: RLS
The 58 pickup showing 1 mile brought $140,000.

That was a Cameo..... Although very rare to begin with, It would be the ONLY ONE is the world that is "new"

It sounds like whatever stock didn't sell was bought by the dealership and put in storage. Probably not a great business model at the time, but paid off big at the end.

I would love to buy a "no-miles" mid 60's Chev Impala, but then again I would just drive it. Which sort of ruins the "no-miles" magic.

Originally Posted By: ecotourist
It sounds like whatever stock didn't sell was bought by the dealership and put in storage. Probably not a great business model at the time, but paid off big at the end.

I would love to buy a "no-miles" mid 60's Chev Impala, but then again I would just drive it. Which sort of ruins the "no-miles" magic.

The only thing I was interested in was the 2 door hard top Impalas. The '56 Chevy was a 4 door, Who would buy a Corvair?? To me '58 Chevy Trucks are UGLY because the quad headlights.

I wonder what a '57 Cameo with the same mileage would have brought?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back