Do pressure washer hoses have standard fittings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought a replacement hose and I found the part you thread on bottoms out against the handle. The other hose tightened before it bottomed out. Looking at it it looks like all that mAtters is that oring seals inside the bore.

Yeah thats what both hoses appear to be. It's just that the old hose had this round part on the end and the new hose doesn't. So basically you tighten it until that round part comes into contact with the threaded part. I think think this new hose will still work, it's just going to pull the oring a little further inside the threaded portion. It seems that little oring is what holds back the pressure. This is just a cheap home owner grade with 1/4" hose and non quick connect fittings.

Here is what I bought and it's the same as the generac hose except for that round part behind the oring.

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200632637_200632637

I'm just trying to avoid water blowing out of the hose and cutting me. I got lucky the first time when the old hose blew. I had to hang onto it good with all that water coming out. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back