QP EFree (Ethanol Free) 93 oct gas??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just saw a pump of "QP E-Free" Ethanol free gas (93 oct) at my local Shell station.
Does anyone have any details on this brand of gas? Is it "trustworthy"? Has anyone seen them in your area?

It must have been installed a few weeks ago because I don't remember seeing it there when I last got gas there. It also didn't seem to have a credit card swipe system. (Guess one has to pay inside).

Thanks in advance!

There is an cheap & easy at home test you can do to test if the fuel contains ethanol. You probably don't need to buy anything other than a little of that gas to test.
Google testing for ethanol content.

90 octane e0 recrecation/marina gas here is usually 3.85 or so.

no actual stations carry 87/89/92/93 as e0
everything is "contains upto 10%"

Originally Posted By: 123Saab
What's the price on the "QP E-Free" .

93 oct: (that's all that pump had): $ 3.29/gal
(cheaper than the Shell 93 i need for the BMW, but I am just worried if it contains enough detergents to be "good"/clean...)

I still don't get how ONE pump of this QP EtOH free gas suddenly appeared in a modern Shell station....

Last edited:
None of us know. Don't be afraid to contact them about it. They own hotels and an HVAC business among other things.

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
None of us know. Don't be afraid to contact them about it. They own hotels and an HVAC business among other things.

Yep. I just emailed their CS. Will update here if/when I get a reply.

Also: on their ETOH free gas locator, it is listed as Store #2343 etc and "(Shell branded)"

Last edited:
What is "QP"?

Rec Gas in quite common near large lakes popular with boating.
Its also common all over FL.
I fuel up with Sunoco 90-octane E0 for $2.89/gallon.

Did the pump have a label "This is Not a Shell product"?

Originally Posted By: 97tbird
I still don't get how ONE pump of this QP EtOH free gas suddenly appeared in a modern Shell station....

It's a move to supply "Recreational gas" to their usual customers. Folks like to use it in boats, OPE, etc.

Originally Posted By: 97tbird
Originally Posted By: 123Saab
What's the price on the "QP E-Free" .

93 oct: (that's all that pump had): $ 3.29/gal
(cheaper than the Shell 93 i need for the BMW, but I am just worried if it contains enough detergents to be "good"/clean...)

I just noticed an added nozzle/hose on a Shell station on my daily commute as well. One pump out of 9 had a red nozzle added for Shell bran E0 90 octane. Currently ~80¢ more than regular but less than premium. Receipt reads Rec gas but the pump bears no caution or warning label / advisory against pumping into your vehicle as most others in my areas do.

Originally Posted By: Spike555
I only use E-free in my small engines, I have ran it in my cars, zero difference in runability and MPG vs E-10.

I have done the same with my gas powered OPE for years but since I can now fuel my vehicle with this I plan on performing a comparison test in the CRV

Just an update: No one has responded to my email to QP / Quality Oils.
frown.gif

(I even checked spam folder)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back