Super Tech HM a blend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I currently use SuperTech HM in my truck and my car and have had great results in my car; its too new in my truck to tell. I was thinking of switching to MaxLife just because it is a blend that provides the same benefits of ST, and for not much more. I just dont see anything on the bottle that says it is a blend, but figured you guys would definitely know if it was or not.

No way to know for sure but I suspect that at least the thinner weights are a blend, and that most conventional motor oil is a "blend" with a percentage of Group III...

Valvoline has a $10 rebate for the full syn, making it almost as cheap as the blend...

Last edited:
Also where is this rebate that you speak of? I cant find it anywhere on the Val website. I kind of like that Mobil 1's HM is also full Syn, and my local Wally world carries it for 21 dollars. I just am a Valvoline fan, but I guess oil is oil now a days.

Originally Posted By: Bhoppy1216
Originally Posted By: Nickdfresh
https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1104963

Man that cleared so many things up lol. How can you tell what is what though? Does it specify on the bottle, or on something like the MSDS?

There are a few sources for this, but just the very stringent GF-5 and API SM/SN certs required far more robust oils. There was also a retired Pennzoil engineer that has long since stopped posting here that revealed that Pennzoil YB was either Group II+ or a blend of Groups II & III. I think most here accept that at least the thinner weights of "conventional" are probably some sort of blend with some companies openly advertising their least expensive oils as blends such as Motorcraft/Conoco-Phillips....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back