CVG is apparentely getting Sun Country Airlines to

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has been announced by Sun Country Airlines' CEO that they anticipate having flights from CVG and IND starting next summer. Looks like they are trying to become Allegiant 2.0 but the more flights in and out of CVG, the better! If they have cheap flights CVG-PHX that would be great!

It has been nice to see some cheaper flight options from CVG with the end of Delta's stranglehold on the airport.
When we were last there, it seemed a little like a ghost town in that the airport was obviously developed for a lot more traffic and passengers than it currently sees.
IMHO, Southwest is the airline to watch as they provide reliable service with enough flights through enough airports that you can likely get a reroute if you have a cancellation.
With this recent renaissance in reasonably priced flights ex CVG, DAY is dying.
Gone are the glory days of tons of Delta flights at CVG and the AirTran focus city at DAY.

Originally Posted By: CincyDavid
Now if they could fix I 75 and I 71 so traffic wasn't so horrible getting to KY we'd be all set.

We've lived in our current house for the past thirty years.
DAY is about forty miles north and slightly west while CVG is about fifty miles south and west.
We've taken many flights from both airports and I can't recall a time over those three decades when I-75 wasn't torn up at some point going either way, creating the occasional traffic nightmare.
Throw in an accident during rush hour, which seems to happen three days out of five and you have a truly delightful drive to make to get to either airport.

I got a beautiful mailed piece form Sun Country the other day...I signed up for their "ufly" rewards program and the intro packet was really nicely done. It's navy blue and orange, square in shape, and unfolds into what amounts to a flower shape, with a glossy plastic membership card inside and a blurb about their credit card and a rebate to cover TSA pre-check fees. They seem a little low-tech, there is no mobile app for the ufly program.

Aside from mailed pieces I've received from AMEX pertaining to my Delta Skymiles and Hilton Honors cards, I don't recall getting mail from any airlines I've signed up with for rewards...emails by the dozens, but no mail.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back