PUP-Local Dealership Flyer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess some dealers read BITOG????
My local multi dealer ( Chevy,Dodge, Ram, Mitsu, etc.) is offering various oil change specials with several choices in oil.
I do my own but they offer PUP with a factory filter and tire rotations 6 times for $350.
Of course they offer the same very cheaply with regular oil.......... Interesting
smile.gif
(under $200)

I just paid our local Hyundai dealer $99.00 for three conventional oil changes, three tire rotations, and the car washes that go along with it. The dealer bulk oil is Mobil. This is for the new Hyundai Santa Fe XL I bought my wife.

Unlike others-I have never had a bad dealer experience with any dealer I have used. That includes my local Chevrolet and GMC dealers.

I AM NOT crawling under my car when a dealer can do it for $33.00.

Last edited:
Who knows what nozzle the tech actually grabs when filling it up with oil.

I'll stick to changing my own within 15 minutes for about $11 in supplies, rather than waiting for an hour for them to do it for $58.

Originally Posted By: CKN
I just paid our local Hyundai dealer $99.00 for three conventional oil changes, three tire rotations, and the car washes that go along with it. The dealer bulk oil is Mobil. This is for the new Hyundai Santa Fe XL I bought my wife.

Unlike others-I have never had a bad dealer experience with any dealer I have used. That includes my local Chevrolet and GMC dealers.

Amen.

Originally Posted By: 123Saab

Amen.

This. I still change my own oil on my pickup, since I have several cases of oil and filters for it, and it is an easy change.
The rest of the vehicles go to the dealer. Local Honda dealer will do OC on the Hondas for $27. OTD (including fees) plus a car wash.
Even the dealer where I bought the Mustang from will do an OC for $27. OTD with Motorcraft oil/filter.
Life is too short and Chiropractic visits aren't all that fun.

Originally Posted By: AirgunSavant
My local multi dealer ( Chevy,Dodge, Ram, Mitsu, etc.) is offering various oil change specials with several choices in oil.
I do my own but they offer PUP with a factory filter and tire rotations 6 times for $350.
Of course they offer the same very cheaply with regular oil.......... Interesting
smile.gif
(under $200)

Well even at 73 years old I'm not lazy enough yet to take them up on that offer. My local tire shop that mounted my tires gave me free rotation and I do my own OCI's every six months with quality full synthetic oil and a premium Ultra Fram or Purolator one filter for under $30 aren't sales and rebates great. Its easier than my workout at the gym was this morning!

Last edited:
I don't want the dealer's "car wash" adding to my paint woes. With a long life Fram UG, I only need to get under my car every other oil change to change the filter. The times in between it takes 30 seconds to removed the oil pan plug. And once the oil is out, 30 more seconds to put it back in. And piece of mind that a dealer or quick lube shop won't "gorilla" the threads on the plug or filter. If I was 100% sure the dealer would do everything like I would....I'd give them the $33 for OCI, wash, and tire rotation.

Originally Posted By: 69GTX
I don't want the dealer's "car wash" adding to my paint woes. With a long life Fram UG, I only need to get under my car every other oil change to change the filter. The times in between it takes 30 seconds to removed the oil pan plug. And once the oil is out, 30 more seconds to put it back in. And piece of mind that a dealer or quick lube shop won't "gorilla" the threads on the plug or filter. If I was 100% sure the dealer would do everything like I would....I'd give them the $33 for OCI, wash, and tire rotation.

For $33 you aren't going to get full synthetic trust me!

Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
Originally Posted By: AirgunSavant
smile.gif
(under $200)

Well even at 73 years old I'm not lazy enough yet to take them up on that offer. My local tire shop that mounted my tires gave me free rotation and I do my own OCI's every six months with quality full synthetic oil and a premium Ultra Fram or Purolator one filter for under $30 aren't sales and rebates great. Its easier than my workout at the gym was this morning!

Lazy has nothing to do with it. When I'm no longer working I might change my own oil and complain about lazy people.

I don't have many hours in the week to spend on car maintenance and I choose to do "expensive" mechanical repairs/maintenace myself (Within my limits) and have my mechanic change my oil with stuff I buy myself.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Who knows what nozzle the tech actually grabs when filling it up with oil.

I'll stick to changing my own within 15 minutes for about $11 in supplies, rather than waiting for an hour for them to do it for $58.

Yep-typical BITOG anti dealer bashing by you and 69GTX. Assuming they grab the wrong oil-my car isn't going to blow up.

Last edited:

I do my own detailing. That being said-a dealer car was three times a year will not have any detrimental effects on the paint-for at least as long as I will own the car.

At any rate the paint is light years beyond the paint on the 2012 Subaru Legacy I traded in.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson

For $33 you aren't going to get full synthetic trust me!

Sometimes you really need to read the whole thread.........
(I just paid our local Hyundai dealer $99.00 for three conventional oil changes)-FROM MY POST ABOVE!

Last edited:
I do my own as well. But I posted it as an interesting tidbit.
I however would trust this dealership as they do great work and warranty repairs.
One of the good shops with a great track record. The post was about them trying to appeal
to picky car owners.

I never do tire rotating... I think it is a waste of time and money.
I also don't like that kind of abuse to my car.

CKN take some Lorazepam and chill
smile.gif

You are just too cool to get under your car. Come on out and just say that
smile.gif
I am joking with you by the way.

I am glad that you have had good dealership we experiences. I had one that was not. The local GM dealership tried to tell my lady that a simple water pump repair was going to be $700. Garbage. Plus these mental midgets had the audacity to say so much was "wrong" with her car. Garbage. Took the car elsewhere for not even half that stupid price those idiots quoted. Ohh and that Pontiac Sunfire ran perfectly for the next 6 yes with no problems. We sold it to a young fella and it still ran on the road as of last year.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: bbhero
smile.gif

smile.gif

I am glad that you have had good dealership we experiences. I had one that was not. The local GM dealership tried to tell my lady that a simple water pump repair was going to be $700. Garbage. Plus these mental midgets had the audacity to say so much was "wrong" with her car. Garbage. Took the car elsewhere for not even half that stupid price those idiots quoted. Ohh and that Pontiac Sunfire ran perfectly for the next 6 yes with no problems. We sold it to a young fella and it still ran on the road as of last year.

A dealer in zip code 20102 typically charges around $611.00 for a water pump repair-for a 2005 Sunfire with the 4 cylinder motor. (From your mechanic.com) So while you may not agree with the price-it wasn't out of line at least from a dealer quoted standpoint.

Last edited:
Ya know, that's not a bad deal, for a dealership. I'm a service advisor at a Ford dealer and $60 gets you bulk synthetic blend oil with a Motorcraft or NAPA ProSelect oil filter and a tire rotation ($19.95 for the rotate). My dealer charges something like $7/qt of full synthetic because we don't have it in bulk, bottles only (I don't want to hear complaint please).

$58 for PUP and a Rotate sounds pretty good (again, for a dealership). I wonder what filter they use.

Garbage... $700 is a rip off period. End of story. There's no way on God's green earth it should be anywhere near that. We are not talking about a Mercedes here with expensive parts. Ohh and we had it done for $240. GYSOT.

Garbage... $700 is a rip off period. End of story. There's no way on God's green earth it should be anywhere near that. We are not talking about a Mercedes here with expensive parts. Ohh and we had it done for $240. GYSOT.

Would really like you to share a breakdown of parts and labor......or post a copy of the receipt.

Last edited:
smile.gif

smile.gif

A dealer in zip code 20102 typically charges around $611.00 for a water pump repair-for a 2005 Sunfire with the 4 cylinder motor. (From your mechanic.com) So while you may not agree with the price-it wasn't out of line at least from a dealer quoted standpoint.

The entire 2005 Sunfire is not worth that much.

I know what I would expect them to be.... And $700 is outside of an expected range. Period. End of story. This is not a Mercedes, BMW, or a car that had high $$$ parts. And let's not forget those mental midgets acted like that car was in its last legs. Garbage too. Car ran great for another 8 yrs. Another 5 yes while we had it with no other problems. They wanted to try to sell someone a new car. When it was not even close to being truly at that point.

For the record.... I have never given anyone a hard time about money paid for a car repair. This incident I was not directly involved. It was my girlfriend at the time. Who is now my wife. I did not get involved because it was her car. But she knew that was not a legitimate cost to have that done. Ohh and by the way we had the radiator, radiator fans, and relays replaced on that same car for $730 in 2013 five years after dealing with those world champions. Way more involved than a simple water pump replacement. I didn't argue the $730 charge because it made perfect sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back