Recommend Oil---Chevy 6.0 in 2500 HD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got---2010 with 90,000 miles. Will be pulling, but not enough to stress this engine.
Thinking about Valvoline FULL Syn w/Maxlife
Is this engine easy on oil?
Good choice? Other ideas?

Originally Posted By: lukejo
Just got---2010 with 90,000 miles. Will be pulling, but not enough to stress this engine.
Thinking about Valvoline FULL Syn w/Maxlife
Is this engine easy on oil?
Good choice? Other ideas?

Duramax diesel or gas engine?

I had an '09 2500HD w/6.0 for a work vehicle. It was a solid truck and ran just fine on bulk conventional from the service station doing 5K OCI.

Drove it new off the lot and in 4 years and 150K miles, never had a single issue with it.

Last edited:
Pick whatever oil you want, whatever filter you want. That engine will go 300k on anything you can buy in stores today. If you're looking to keep costs down, Rural King has Dexos-approved Harvest King brand full-synthetic for $8.79/ 5 quarts. Stick a Fram Ultra on it and change per the maintenance minder.

I just sold my Silverado with a 6 liter. Put over 130,000 trouble free miles on it. That engine is a tank and is pretty easy on oil. You could run any 0w-30 5w-30 or even Castrol 0w-40 in it. Your choice of Valvoline Full Syn Maxlife is a great choice.

Run any oil you want. It'll outlast the truck and then someone will snag it from a junkyard bolt a Chinese turbo to it and stuff it in a foxbody and still get another 100k out of it at medium boost.

A lot of these accumulate 300,000 miles in fleet usage on whatever Jiffy Lube is using that day.
So no need to worry much.

Thanks--good to hear of the solid reputation. I'll probably just do the VFSwML and Fram Ultra then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back